Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Need a way to skip a requestor

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
ptomom (Diana L.)

Subject: Need a way to skip a requestor
Date Posted: 6/19/2017 9:17 PM ET

Twice now I have listed a DVD that someone has on their request list.  For the second time I had to cancel their order after receiving an email from them saying they only want my DVD if it is not a former library copy and is in as new condition wtih no marks anywhere on the discs or case. 

I take good care of my DVDs, but this DVD has a couple small dings on the cover and while the disc is close to as new, it does have a few barely noticable marks.

SwapaDVD doesn't have 'requestor conditions' like paperbackswap does, so there is no way to just skip this requestor so my DVD can be available to other requestors. It is quite frustrating to have an unlistable DVD simply because one guy wants an as new copy of a kid's hamster TV show.

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 6/19/2017 9:32 PM ET

You do not need to cancel the order, they need to if they do not want your copy.

jasecw (Jason K.)

Date Posted: 6/20/2017 1:52 AM ET

just a note that Library copies are not postable thru the system unless they have original artwork (Most are Photocopied)

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 6/20/2017 8:42 PM ET

Shellie is correct, the requestor needs to cancel the request not you. If they refuse, you can message swap and have them skip him for you.