Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Need some help

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
kbann (Beth A.)

Subject: Need some help
Date Posted: 7/17/2017 10:25 AM ET

I am hoping for some help here. I ordered a movie on 6/25 and it was marked mailed on 6/26. When I did not receive it by 7/8 I finally messaged them, and they replied back to me the next day that there was an issue locating the item and it would be mailed soon. Then on 7/12 they said it was mailed and I got it the next day. Turns out they are an Amazon seller and seems like they are posting their inventory on here but it is stored somewhere else, or they are just ordering from Amazon when they get an order here, I am not quite sure which it is. That is not really my issue though. When I got the item the artwork was damaged, it looks like it was warped to the plastic or maybe even wet, and is torn in several places. That can't be marked as damaged through, so I will just deal with it. The other problem is one of the discs also has marks on it from being stuck to the plastic, I guess there was a storage issue. I wanted to make sure it played but have not had time over the weekend to check it, and in the process the system maked it as lost early this morning. When I woke up this morning I had 3 messages from this guy within a 5 minute span calling me a liar and telling me to "correct this now." I messaged him back telling him I did not mark it lost, the system did, and I did say it was his fault for not mailing it when he said he did so it did not give me enough time that I normally would have to watch it before marking it received. 

At this point I want nothing more to do with this person, but I also want someone to be aware of what happened in case it happens with other people. I stuck the disc in and it seems fine, it is a blu so they hold up better. I don't know if I should mark it received and put in the comments what happened, late shipping and what he said in his message, or just send a private message to the site. I feel a little threatened because of the tone of his message and what he said, but do not want it to escalate further since this is just a movie and do not need to be harrassed over something that in the big picture is not that important. I am always a little concerned when people have our names and address and something happens here. 

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 7/17/2017 11:43 AM ET

I would boil this post down to the facts and contact the team. It is never ok for you to feel threatened. The team can read the PMs.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 7/17/2017 12:03 PM ET

You can also go into your transaction archive and mark the item RWAP damaged by sender for all of the damage the item has to it - the sender will still get their credits, but you will get yours back, and if they do it enough swap keeps track of these things and will handle their account accordingly. But I would definitely ignore all future messages from the person and send a message to the team in addition to this.

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 7/17/2017 12:40 PM ET

Beth: When I got the item the artwork was damaged, it looks like it was warped to the plastic or maybe even wet, and is torn in several places. That can't be marked as damaged through, so I will just deal with it.

I've occassionally accidentally let an item go Lost-in-Mail when I was trying to set aside time to test it (in those cases I mark it received with no problem). If an item is in such bad condition that it seems like it won't play, then it's completely understandable that you'd want to test it first. That said, I think that they tried to pull one over on you by sending it so late to the date that you would likely not have time to test it. I've had people get mad when they sent me discs in terrible condition, saying I should just mark it received without testing it, but don't let someone bully you into accepting something that won't play just because they're in a hurry. Do stay within the deadline though. Again, their timing really did put you in a bad place. There should be a place to mark the ultra-late mail-by date when you go to mark it as received.

More than all of that though, why can you not mark it damaged due to the art? The damage you detailed would make the disc unpostable and the system allows you to mark it as such.

kbann (Beth A.)

Date Posted: 7/17/2017 3:32 PM ET

Thank you all for the advice, I just marked it received without any problems and noted the date it was actually mailed. I did get a message from them apologizing so I am just going to move on, but I will avoid them in the future.  

Renee, I don't remember if it was personal experience or something I read here but I have always thought it could only be rwap if it was missing artwork or the UPC was damaged enough to have numbers missing. 

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 7/18/2017 2:43 PM ET

What really gets me about this transaction is that the sender marked it mailed 12 days before they admitted to you it had not yet been mailed. I see that as a major problem!

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 7/19/2017 4:02 AM ET

Beth: So you can better protect against bad swappers, here is (one of, there are several different pages within the FAQ) the SaDVD FAQ on postabilty.

Some of the pages in the FAQ have more or less information and the page for reporting a RWaP disc only seems to talk about damage to the disc, but according to the rules for condition, the DVD you received was unpostable and so it is not considered tradeable through the system (in the future just be sure to note exactly what's wrong and why it's unpostable so that the team has as much info as possible). This is the condition note I'm specifically citing from the FAQ

Please make sure your DVDs and their cases are clean and free of any dirt, lint, liquid spills, pungent smells etc. The cover artwork needs to be in good condition without any rips or tears greater than 1/2".