Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Mislabeled Blu Ray, should be 4 credits instead of 2.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
dianak (Diana K.)

Subject: Mislabeled Blu Ray, should be 4 credits instead of 2.
Date Posted: 8/14/2017 5:22 PM ET

I have a copy of This is Spinal Tap Blu Ray on my tower, and it has been ordered. I checked the disc before shipping it and discovered that it had two discs, and it should be worth 4 credits. But is only listed as one disc/two credits.

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 8/14/2017 5:28 PM ET

Hi Diana,

Cancel the order (for now).  Then PM the SWAP team (Help Center....Contact Us).  Give them the title & the UPC, let them know it's a combo (or double blu).  Disc count is usually a pretty quick fix.

You could PM the person who ordered to let them know you plan on re-posting as 4 credits.  

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 8/14/2017 7:51 PM ET

I occasionally run across titles that have the wrong disc count in the database. It's a good idea to always pay close attention when posting titles to your tower. If the disc count is wrong, immediately notify the admins. They are very good at making corrections promptly. I think I've even had to notify them when I got an offer but I suspected there would be more discs and thus would need to spend more credits.

KateWisdom (Renee K.)

Date Posted: 8/15/2017 1:12 AM ET

I agree wtih Kevin with the slight caveat, and I'd say it's very rare, but there was 1 instance where I had a 2-disc and sent in a contact and TPtB responded that the UPC was definitely a 1-disc, so there could be a once-in-a-blue-moon type occurance where you have correctly listed something and a change is accepted into the system that makes the listing, paradoxically, both more and less correct.

Again, that's actually just agreeing with Kevin and praying for lightning not to strike ^.~

msc1208 (Michael C.)

Date Posted: 8/30/2017 8:39 PM ET

Another problem you will run into A LOT (especially with Warner Bros. titles) is that when a Blu-ray title is initially released it includes a DVD but after it has been out awhile (usually 6 to 12 months once they sell out of the initial printing) it will be re-issued but without including a DVD. They consider the DVD to be an added value while something is priced in the $20 to $25 range but once they drop that price to $14.99 or less they usually choose to drop the DVD to save on costs. Warner Bros. is known for single-disc re-issues using the same exact UPC code as the 2-disc version. Fox, Universal and I believe Sony usually assign a New UPC for re-issued single-disc editions and they will usually have all-new artwork when that occurs.