Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Dvd bazzar question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Melissa (Melissa C.)

Subject: Dvd bazzar question
Date Posted: 10/3/2017 6:00 PM ET

I have read from the dvd bazzar that for wishlisted dvds "Wish Listed DVDs/Blu-rays should be entered into the general system with no strings attached. This is a rule." 

So one must post the upc and enter it into the system correct?  Not by pass the sysytem and just list it in the dvd bazzar.

I have seen people with 20+wl for 1 title.  Does that mean 20+ people passed on that disc?

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 10/4/2017 10:09 AM ET

Hi Melissa, let me try to answer your questions.

Yes, most postable dvds should be entered into the system with no strings. An exception is the WL Multiples post in the bazaar. You can read all the rules of that thread and decide if that is the way you want to go. Another exception is playing a DVD in the Games forum. While I play in the games forum and occassionally do a WL Multiples post, I also enjoy granting wishes because I know how happy it makes me when I receive something on my WL.

When you see 20+wl for one title, it means 20 or more people are wishing for that title. 

HTH

Melissa (Melissa C.)

Date Posted: 10/4/2017 11:32 AM ET

That is where i got the quote from the dvd bazzar.  It says in the dvd bazzar rules " "Wish Listed DVDs/Blu-rays should be entered into the general system with no strings attached. This is a rule."  

That is why i do not understand.  If one has to post the wl item in the system then why would there be any in the bazzar up for grabs with being forced to buy 2 or more.

I know we want to save money on postage.  But isn't bypassing listing the wl item and asking to buy another item on top of the wl item breaking the rule?

Last Edited on: 10/4/17 11:48 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 10/4/2017 12:19 PM ET

Melissa,

The rules of the WL Multiples thread are approved by the SwapaDVD team.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 10/6/2017 10:29 AM ET

Are you asking about the WL Multiples?  Or the main bazaar? 

You can search the forums for past discussions on the WL Multiples thread. 

The only way people can list a WL item in the bazaar is when they are unpostable--no matter how many wishers a movie may have.  If someone posts WL titles that are postable and requires additional dvds, then that is not allowed in the main bazaar.  The only place that is allowed is the WL Multiples. 

You can also  post a WL title directly to another member's Wishlist.  If you have a request, you can look at the reqestor's WL to see if you have other's that you could send, but not everyone does that.