Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Posting to a listing without a UPC?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Sarah R.

Subject: Posting to a listing without a UPC?
Date Posted: 10/27/2017 2:41 PM ET

The website has this listing for a show: http://www.swapadvd.com/Pushing-Daisies-Complete-First-Second/dvd/220579/

The listing, pulled from Amazon, I assume, is not a new boxset of the show with a new UPC, but the two seasons sold together. And since I can only post by UPC, the site separates the two seasons. Of course, I would like to send them together if possible. Is there no way to post to the bundled listing? (Are those 19 wishers SOL?) I'm far more familiar with PBS than this site, so please let me know if I'm missing something.

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 10/27/2017 3:53 PM ET

You cannot list it without the correct UPC, but you can list it in the DVD bazaar and with that many wishers, you will probably quickly have a taker. 

Happy Swapping!

Sarah R.

Date Posted: 10/27/2017 10:05 PM ET

I kinda figured that's what I'd have to do. Oh well. I'd hoped I could do it the simpler way. Thanks. smiley

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 1/7/2018 3:01 PM ET

The combined set of first and second season DVDs does actually have it's own UPC, 883929079803

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 1/7/2018 6:23 PM ET

But if that UPC for the combined set does not appear on the product in its current state, then the combined set cannot be posted as a combined set. Even though the UPC number may be in the database, the number must be on the case or product card. I have purchased a few multi product sets through Amazon, and these have had a UPC number on a sticker on the cellophane wrapper covering the stack of individual cases. Even though the publisher sold this as a single product, once I unwrapped it, it became eligible to be swapped on this site only as individual titles. Without a UPC, the member receiving the set through a swap would have no way of verifiying that they received the proper product. (Because lots of titles are published in several different versions/packagings, I routinely post a received title to my tower before marking it as received, so that if/when I later offer it for swap, I know for sure what I have is what the club's database says it is.)