Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Where to Find Original DVD artwork & What To Do With Artwork Only?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
bewitched2424 (Melissa H.)

Subject: Where to Find Original DVD artwork & What To Do With Artwork Only?
Date Posted: 3/25/2008 11:23 AM ET

I received from my local freecycle several DVD's.  Some I kept and some I already had.  They were all in cases, but the problem is not all of them had their original artwork.  I need artwork for a few that I kept and a few that I wanted to post.  When I checked the rules all dvd's posted must contain the original artwork and it states that the original artwork can be purchased.  Well I'm not familiar as to where you can do this at and if it would even be cost effective to do so.  So that's my first question.  Where can I find original artwork for dvds?  And even to google it what would I input into the search window, because what I've tried has not come up with much.

Secondly, what I did receive with these same movies in their cases was a bunch of actual artwork for movies that had been simply turned around to the backside which is white and slipped back into the cases of the movies that I received.  Not sure what the purpose of this was, but now I have about 10 original artworks (that are mostly Disney) and I don't know what the best way to offer them up would be or if they would even be of interest to anyone.  I didn't want to get rid of them because I thought if I was looking for original artwork there must be others as well.

Any help pertaining to my two questions would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you!

Melissa

Last Edited on: 3/25/08 4:21 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
amd555 (Andrey T.)

Subject: artless dvds
Date Posted: 3/25/2008 1:40 PM ET

you can try printing cover art at cdcover.cc

PS--do you have a list of all the that do not have coverart?

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 3:21 PM ET

Yeah, but I thought it had to be the ORIGINAL coverart?  As in it couldn't be printed from the computer.  Or am I understanding the rules wrong?

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 3:27 PM ET

Here is both a list of the artwork I NEED and the artwork I HAVE.  I will include the UPC number so that a search can be done here (if it's even possible to search by the UPC's I'm not even sure) to see the covers so I don't have to actually take a photo of them right now.

~I have the actual case and artwork for Night At The Museum (with Ben Stiller) UPC: 0 2454341722 4 -- we lost the dvd and had to purchase a new one thus leaving me with this extra case.

I have JUST the artwork for the following DVD's:

DISNEY:
~High School Musical Encore Edition UPC: 7 8693669365 2
~High School Musical 2 Extended Edition UPC: 7 8693674037 0
~An Extremely Goofy Movie UPC: 7 17951-0071-0 0
~Special Edition The Santa Claus UPC: 7 8693619801 0
~Full Screen Santa Clause 2 UPC: 7 8693622179 4
~FullScreen The Princess Diaries 2 Royal Engagement UPC: 7 8693624264 5
~Tuck Everlasting UPC: 7 8693620579 4
~Vault Disney Collection Swiss Family Robinson UPC: 7 8693614383 6
~Walt The Man Behind The Myth A Portrait of A Legend From Those Who Knew Him Best UPC: 7 8693619965 9

Kids Tv Favorites Contains 2 Episodes Scooby-Doo! WonderDog UPC: 0 1476429602 9

The artwork I am IN SEARCH OF is:

THESE ONES I'M LOOKING TO POST HERE:
~The Wiggles Yule Be Wiggling
~The Wiggles Wiggle Bay
~The Wiggles TOOT TOOT!
~Bear In The Big Blue House Heroes Of Woodland Velley
~Sweet Home Alabama

THESE ONES I'M KEEPING (not posting):
~Where The Heart Is
~Divine Secrets Of The Ya-Ya Sisterhood
~Dirty Dancing The Collector's Edition
~Legally Blonde
~Strawberry Shortcake Spring For Strawberry Shortcake
~Sesame Street Christmas Eve On Sesame Street UPC: 0 7464-51237-9 0

Thank you,
Melissa

Last Edited on: 3/25/08 3:27 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
SwapaGoat (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 3:44 PM ET

"you can try printing cover art at cdcover.cc"

Original artwork is required for swaping on SaDVD.  You can get it off that site for your own collection, but not for trading on here.

"Where can I find original artwork for dvds?"

I do not know of any stores (online or B&M) that sell arwork.  Your best bet is just to list your disc only movies in the DVD bazaar.  If you post all those Disney DVDs in the Bazaar, they'll probably go pretty fast.  As a reminder, please read the Rules for Swapping in the Bazaar before posting as it clears up a lot of issues that have been occuring lately in the bazaar forum.

"Yeah, but I thought it had to be the ORIGINAL coverart?  As in it couldn't be printed from the computer.  Or am I understanding the rules wrong?"

You are understanding correctly.  DVD covers printed from home are against both the rules here and copyright laws.  As indicated in the March SaDVD newsletter:

"All DVDs MUST be sent in their original case with the original artwork. You can purchase replacement cases that match the originals if you still have all of the artwork to go in them. Do not print your own artwork and send it to others, even with an original DVD, it's against the law."

Last Edited on: 3/25/08 3:46 PM EST - Total times edited: 1

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 3:51 PM ET

No, all those Disney titles are JUST the artwork, no dvd's.  See my original post for explanation.  Thanks!

Last Edited on: 3/25/08 4:20 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
SwapaGoat (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 3:53 PM ET

Ha!  I see.

If you do not have a need for those extras, you could always post in the DVD Bazaar that you'll send a free artwork with any DVDs requested from your tower.  Sometimes people are looking to replace damaged DVD art they may have or are looking or original ones to make their DVDs postable.

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 4:20 PM ET

LOL

Yeah, I have a few that I am looking for the artwork myself for so that I can post them.  Then I have all this art work that came with dvds I was given by someone local to me that don't match any of the movies.  I guess I was hoping to perhaps trade with someone or work something out with someone somehow. 

I also THOUGHT I read in the rules that artwork cna be purchased, which prompted my question as to where this could be done.  BUT I went back to the help section to try to search for what I read and I see I misinterpreted it:

Yes, DVDs must be mailed in their original cases. You may not send them in "blank" DVD cases or jewel cases. It must be the original DVD case, or a replacement (you can purchase these), and must include the cover art.

The "(you can purchase these)" I read and was thinking it was talking about the coverart but obviously having re-read it I see it is referring to the cases only.   LOL 

But I will put my list up in the bazaar or somewhere in the forum and see if I have any takers for coverart I have and maybe I'll get lucky and find someone that has one of the ones that I need and we can just do a trade or something.  I will take a look at that site for my own personal dvds I'm keeping to see if I can print off something for them.  I knew I couldn't use that for here though to trade.  :o)

Thanks everyone for all the help!!  I really appreciate it, it's been so helpful!

Tizmo (Victor T.)

Date Posted: 3/25/2008 4:33 PM ET

Last Edited on: 3/25/08 4:34 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:40 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 9:59 AM EST - Total times edited: 0