Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Slim case

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
callmeang (Angela Y.)

Subject: Slim case
Date Posted: 1/12/2018 7:30 PM ET

I have a question.  I have a couple of DVDs my stepdad gave me that I think I can post, but I'm not sure.  I'd like to check first.  So as far as I can tell, the artwork is the original (I'm going to check on that).  The disc is original.  However, he changed out the DVD case to one of those slim ones so they wouldn't take up as much space.  Can I still post those?

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 1/12/2018 11:01 PM ET

Hi Ang,

I have a few movies that are in slim cases and the artwork is specially sized for the slim case.

I have seen the handywork when people try to fit artwork into a smaller case.  Usually they trim the artwork to fit and it's never quite right.

Take the artwork out of the case and examine the edges.  

Your question was can you post? 

I think it's best to offer in the DVD Bazaar stating it's unpostable because the artwork has been cut to fit a slimcase. 

Last Edited on: 1/12/18 11:05 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/13/2018 10:23 AM ET

Visually you can tell if the title on the spine area goes over onto the front and back of the art, and the edges on the front right or back left are not perfectly straight or cut off pertinent writing.  Even if this is the case, it's not always a total disaster.  I have one I've kept forever because it's hard to find.