Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: UPC shows wrong movie in system

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
jazztastic (Jasmine K.)

Subject: UPC shows wrong movie in system
Date Posted: 1/15/2018 10:33 PM ET

I was going through my DVD shelf to see what I could post to swap here on the site. I found a brand new, never opened, still in shrinkwrap unrated widescreen DVD edition of Hostel. As I already have a copy of Hostel on a 4 pack with 3 other movies, I figured I'd post this other copy. When I type in the UPC, though, it comes up with some weird looking movie that I've never heard of. I'm not entirely sure why an unopened/brand new copy of a DVD would have a UPC that doesn't match anything in the system, but it is what it is. Is there some way I can add it to the system, or should I just forgo it altogether?

kbann (Beth A.)

Date Posted: 1/16/2018 5:59 PM ET

I know that sometimes UPC codes are used for specific stores or sales such as Black Friday, but a lot of times they are put on the plastic wrapping and there is a different UPC on the actual artwork. Seeing as there are a lot of copies in the system and there isnt really a great benefit for you with it being new since a requester wouldnt know that, you could just unwrap it and see if there is another code under if it looks like there might be, it could be raised a little. This way you can also make sure it isnt loose and maybe scratched, you never know if you will get someone that will say it is, and it might be and you just didnt know. Or you could offer it in the bazaar as is, but because there are so many copies it might not get any requests.