Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Ordering The Same Movie Multiple Times

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Utwig (Erik F.)

Subject: Ordering The Same Movie Multiple Times
Date Posted: 1/22/2018 3:27 AM ET

Is it ethical or frowned upon to order the same movie multiple times? I just recently ordered all thirty-seven copies of A Sloth Named Velcro and put myself in position to be first in line for a thirty-eighth copy, pending someone enters another copy into the system. Part of me wants others to partake in the wonders of this gem, but part of me, the sloth-obsessed selfish part, wants to collect every copy I can find, and hoard them like the Red Bull did Unicorns, or was that King Haggard, I suppose technically they were both to blame on that, Prince Lir turned a blind eye to the situation so he's partially to blame as well, but I'm getting off topic, should I allow others a chance at ordering a copy first, or should I continue my Folivora Stronghold on Velcro? 

Mark D.

Date Posted: 1/23/2018 10:48 AM ET

so...you're the one that is hoarding all the copies of A SLOTH NAMED VELCRO !

WOW!

I'm unfriending you ! !

ADIOS UTWIG !

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 1/23/2018 12:53 PM ET

And just to let everyone in on the severity of this, Mark D has been my best friend since grade school, and saved my life during an Armagnac Pool Party, I'd rather not go into detail but if you barely can do the doggy paddle, chances are you shouldn't drink Brandy while swimming. I think I need to rethink my sloth strategy. 

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 1/23/2018 4:29 PM ET

I don't see a problem with it - you've made 37 members happy by giving them a credit for their copy, and you can only use one slot on the wishlist, anyone coming after you will get the second copy posted (ignoring the effects of priority ranking).

Opinions might be somewhat different if this was a particularly rare and valuable DVD, but if that were the case there presumably wouldn't have been 37 copies in the system and would be a lot more wishers.

In this case, I'd encourage you to continue to do what you can to make posters of this fine title happy.
While waiting for another copy of Velcro, maybe you could do something to make posters of http://www.swapadvd.com/Spider-Man-Widescreen-Special-Edition/dvd/29558/ happy? 

Alameda (Danny N.)

Date Posted: 1/26/2018 4:32 AM ET

you might get the 38th but you won't get the 39th!

Bruuuu-Ha-Ha-Hah ! ! ! devil

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 1/26/2018 10:52 AM ET

I trusted you foolishly, you sent me excellent books in the past and for what, for me to drop my guard so you could stab me in the back at my most vulnerable moment, my sloth collecting moment. 

Solvanda (Samuel K.)

Date Posted: 1/26/2018 3:28 PM ET

Wish there were more DVDs available on the giant ground sloth.  There are still reports from Amazonian folk who believe they are seeing something like it.

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/08/world/americas/08amazon.html

https://exemplore.com/cryptids/Mapinguari-Sightings-Does-Mylodon-Still-Exist 

Image result for megatherium

Related image

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 1/26/2018 6:16 PM ET

I'd still scoop it up and feed it a milk bottle. 

Mark D.

Date Posted: 1/27/2018 10:07 AM ET

WHOAAA!....wait a minute!

That's no sloth...its my cousin Irene....I would recognize those fine features anywhere.

As a matter of fact, I was searching an old family photo album the other day and that got me to wondering...."Whatever happened to my cousin Irene?"

Now, I know.....poor Irene.

Back in the day, whenever she ate dinner at our house, she would end her meal with the words "Boy...am I ever stuffed"

Now, she is stuffed permanently. LOL

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 3/25/2018 9:59 PM ET

Danny and myself are in direct competition for the next copy, but who else dared to join our Sloth Strife? I now see three wishers. 

Alameda (Danny N.)

Date Posted: 4/1/2018 7:40 PM ET

I was gonna' 'cancel' my request for the 39th copy of this DVD  - but now it's ON ! ! ! ! ! ! ! 
When I get the 39th copy of this DVD I'm gonna . . . . 

. . . well you just don't wanna' know . . . 
(it'll be...well...it'll just be horrible ? ! ?) 
I might put it on an endless loop to play forever and ever and ever - at sloth speed!

Last Edited on: 4/2/18 1:44 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
King K.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 10:25 PM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 7:18 PM EST - Total times edited: 0