Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Multiple/duplicate listings in the system with no UPC

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Sue Y.

Subject: Multiple/duplicate listings in the system with no UPC
Date Posted: 1/27/2018 10:06 PM ET

I try to put new release movies on my Wishlist as soon as possible. Recently I've found several duplicate listings without UPC codes (and some without pictures). How am I supposed to know which one to put on my Wishlist so that I know I am near the top of an active list? For example, what is the difference in these listings and are all of them valid?:

http://www.swapadvd.com/Wonder-Woman-2017-Single-DVD/dvd/330123/

http://www.swapadvd.com/Wonder-Woman-2017/dvd/328202/

http://www.swapadvd.com/Wonder-Woman-2017/dvd/330122/

http://www.swapadvd.com/Thor-Ragnarok-Blu-Ray/dvd/330609/

http://www.swapadvd.com/Thor-Ragnarok-Blu-Ray/dvd/330610/

Last Edited on: 1/27/18 10:14 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
starman (Mr G.)

Date Posted: 1/28/2018 10:05 AM ET

In general, look for ones that have complete info (movie description, release year, DVD release date, running time, etc.). Those missing most or all of the details -- or missing a display photo -- MAY be problematic... or they may just be newer or rarer versions (such as special 'rental only' versions) that haven't been fully updated in the database here yet.

Just because a movie has been released on disc does not mean it automatically gets added to swapadvd UPC database. Help documents here say "When posting a DVD, the UPC must match exactly. If you are unable to match by UPC, your DVD cannot be listed at this time. Our database will be updated very often, so you can check back frequently to see if that UPC has been added."

Also: if the Amazon.com link does not work or goes to a 'no listing' page, I would avoid requesting. But that's my opinion. If the Amazon link works, and it's not a foreign version or one with NO copies available, it's probably an OK swapadvd.com listing.

If in doubt, or if you find a listing with an error, contact the PowersThatBe here by clicking the 'Contact Us' link at bottom of the page, or under the "Help Center" in top navigation bar.

You can get also get a general idea of how many copies are out there in the wild by clicking the Amazon link to see how many new & used copies Amazon has available; one with only ONE used copy available (and/or no new copies available directly from Amazon) is probably much rarer than one with 30+ copies available, and may take longer to get here on swapadvd.com.

Last Edited on: 1/28/18 10:10 AM EST - Total times edited: 3
Sue Y.

Date Posted: 1/28/2018 2:53 PM ET

All of the above links have working links to Amazon, however the target doesn't match the SwapaDVD listing.

I guess part of my question is how do these listings even get in the system and why are they allowed to remain there? Shouldn't there be some mechanism for getting invalid listings removed?

I left a message with the site last night, but I have not yet received a response.

Last Edited on: 1/28/18 2:59 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/29/2018 2:10 PM ET

Wonder Woman 1 - It says Wonder Woman SE on Amazon.  No idea what the SE means.

Wonder Woman 2 - Probably the one you want; Amazon and on here seem to only put artwork on the Blu-rays first.  If you want a legit version, search for the Blu-ray on Amazon, then click on the DVD link, scroll down and get the ASIN number and use that in search on here, and add that version to your WL.

Wonder Woman 3 - says it is from Walmart, if that makes any difference.

At least the last two are the same movie, I wouldn't worry about it.  Most people add every version of a movie they want.  The only one I wouldn't add is the SE version unless you know what that SE means.  I do not.

And to add to the confusion, there is another version on Amazon that isn't on here.  Go to Amazon and look up: B076644WZ1 .  If you use that ASIN number in the search on here it won't come up.

p.s. Amazon does link to movies from foreign countries, and if they are in Amazon's database, they are also on here. 

Last Edited on: 1/29/18 2:32 PM EST - Total times edited: 8
Sue Y.

Date Posted: 1/29/2018 5:46 PM ET

SE means Special Edition. I don't know what is "special" about it.

If the last two are the same movie, why isn't one of them be deleted?

Why don't any of the three listings in the system show the UPC code? Aren't members supposed to post ONLY by the UPC code? If someone had one of these movies to post, how would they know which listing to post it to? If the UPC code isn't in the system, isn't it supposed to be offered in the bazaar as "unpostable"?

I just had someone send me a former rental DVD with store supplied art that didn't have a UPC code. The SwapaDVD listing I had my request for said "single disk DVD + DHD", but what I received didn't have the DHD part. They didn't know what "DHD" meant, and so they posted to a listing for single disk of that movie.

starman (Mr G.)

Date Posted: 2/3/2018 12:01 PM ET

I'm pretty sure that "SE" version is a (possibly Walmart-only) unrated "Special Edition," Purportedly it has a few scenes not in the theatrical release.

See:  https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wonder-Woman-Special-Edition/641723020

WalMart and Target sometimes have special editions of movies that are only available at their stores or websites. Sometimes they have extra content or goodies inside.

Last Edited on: 2/3/18 12:02 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 2/3/2018 6:47 PM ET

first, you cant post a dvd without a upc, or without original artwork, so you should get your credit back for them sending it incorrectly. 

second, they dont list the upc on the page because then people could do exactly that, just use the listing upc instead of the real one on their copy. When you post via upc, one of those listings will show up, they are tied to a UPC, it just doesnt list upcs on the listing page itself.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 3/12/2018 10:49 PM ET

This was posted tonight.

Wonder Woman (2017)

note_icon.png?v=a8e9e4d

Wonder Woman (2017)
Actors: Gal GadotChris PineRobin Wright

r_l.pngr_r.pngr_l.pngr_r.pngr_l.pngr_r.pngr_l.pngr_r.pngr_08.pngg_r.png

Posted: 3/12/2018 8:25 PM ET