Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: What options do I have?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
jazztastic (Jasmine K.)

Subject: What options do I have?
Date Posted: 2/6/2018 2:32 PM ET

So in all my time on SwapADVD, I've never had something like this happen. However, I just got a notice in the mail that I owe postage for a DVD I mailed. Turns out the person who requested this wishlisted DVD received it, then turned around about 2 hours later and refused it after it had already been delivered. So the post office in their location took it back, let it sit, then marked it as "undeliverable". Now it's on its way back to me, and I'm expected to pay return shipping because it's media mail. I used the printable postage to mail it, and now I have to pay more postage because the person wanted it, then changed their mind and refused it. I called my post office and talked to someone there about it, and after he checked the tracking number, he said that was exactly what happened. They received it, then refused it a couple hours later, so the post office marked it as undeliverable. So I'm out this DVD unless I pay more money to get it back and repost it, which would then cost me more postage to ship out to someone else. indecision What can I do about this? I've never dealt with something like this before.

Editing to add I checked it before mailing it and it played just fine with no damage or scratches. And the printable postage I used was the same amount for other DVDs I mailed at the same time, so I don't believe postage was due when they got it. It was the same size/weight as other DVDs I mailed at the same time with the same amount of postage.

Last Edited on: 2/6/18 3:13 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 2/6/2018 4:37 PM ET

Jasmine, I don't know why they refused the package.

Just what to let you know the postage due may not be that much.

I sent a package media mail and it was "undeliverable".  It was returned to me (in my mailbox) with a sticky note saying I owed 53cents for return postage.

I put 53cents in a zip lock bag and put the sticky note inside the bag and put it in my mailbox.

Then I added the correct digit to the address (my error) and put it back in my mailbox and the package was delivered to the receiver. 

I used the original postage because they did not say that the postage was not good. I figure they would have mentioned all important details on the sticky note. 

It took a long time for me to get the package.  

So I never had to go the Post office to deal with the situation, which is my preference.  

Now about the receiver, I would contact the Swap Team and tell them it was delivered and they refused it and you want your credit.  

They can give your credit and straighten it out with the receiver. 

Last Edited on: 2/6/18 4:38 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
jazztastic (Jasmine K.)

Date Posted: 2/6/2018 6:22 PM ET

I did get a response from SwapADVD after sending in some feedback. They basically said because I used printable postage, I already got my credit. They also marked it as received for me because the person who requested it conveniently change their address after I already mailed the DVD. Now it's basically up to me to decide if I want to pay the postage at the post office to pick it up and then repost it. Postage is $2.66, according to the slip I got in the mail. I already paid $2.66 to mail it. That would mean paying another $2.66 to get it back, then another $2.66 to mail it to another wisher. Doesn't seem like a lot, but it's annoying and kind of ridiculous that I have to pay almost $3 to get a movie back when it wasn't anything on my end that caused the problem.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 2/6/2018 8:59 PM ET

Ok, I'll bite, what movie was it?

jazztastic (Jasmine K.)

Date Posted: 2/7/2018 12:04 AM ET

It was Divergent. I got the 3-movie pack for Christmas, so I figured I'd offer up my copy of the first movie since I had no use for it anymore.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 2/7/2018 2:12 AM ET

I have yet to watch it, how does it hold up in comparison to Hunger Games and Maze Runner?

Alameda (Danny N.)

Date Posted: 2/7/2018 4:12 AM ET

jazztastic,

Just let it go - you already received what you wanted which was a DVD Credit.
Let the Post Office keep it - it'll go up for sale somewhere in the future and make someone 'happy' when they buy it at a USPS Auction..

Sue Y.

Date Posted: 2/7/2018 8:59 AM ET

You state that the Requester "conveniently" changed their address. As I recall from my last move, the USPS doesn't forward media mail. Are you certain the Requester didn't actually move and the new tenant "refused" the DVD so that it would get returned to you?

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 2/7/2018 9:46 AM ET

I never knew of USPS Auctions, I will now have to look this up. 

jazztastic (Jasmine K.)

Date Posted: 2/7/2018 10:37 AM ET

Erik, It's pretty decent and seems on par with movies like Maze Runner and Hunger Games. It's pretty close to the book. Insurgent, on the other hand... that's not even remotely close to the book.

Danny, even though it's frustrating to have to pay the postage to get it back, I think I'm going to do it and just repost it to someone else here. There are at least 11 people wishing, so someone should be able to get it here.

Sue, it seems they requested the movie, accepted it, then sent it back and changed their address after the fact. That's what I garnered from the email I received. So yeah, it doesn't seem like they moved. I also know the P.O. doesn't forward media mail. I just feel if they did move, their address should have been updated prior to requesting, or they could have contacted me beforehand. I didn't mail the movie until probably 4-5 days after they requested it, and it took 5 days to get to them. I feel that's more than enough time to double check an address to make sure you'll get the DVD you requested.