Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Figuring Out Who Is Before You On Wishlists?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Utwig (Erik F.)

Subject: Figuring Out Who Is Before You On Wishlists?
Date Posted: 2/26/2018 5:51 PM ET

I'd really like to know who the other member of this site is that went out of their way to find the UPC number for Garfunkel and Oates Season 1  and add it to their Wishlist, I find this impressive and must know. 

Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 2/27/2018 12:31 AM ET

The "Pulse of SwapaDVD" statistics say there are only 32,000 members with public profiles.  How long will it take you to search through them all?  Better put on some good music.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 2/27/2018 2:03 AM ET

If I order T-Rex A Dinosaur in Hollywood from you will you reveal your wishlist for a day? 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 2/27/2018 2:10 AM ET

Also didn't you say something about wanting to unload those Angel seasons collectively, in some sort of reduced credit deal, I remember you being pretty adamant about that, how you wanted them shipped together at a discount beyond a bogo, how you would never really watch them ever again, so you just wanted to part ways with them, and almost would send someone credits of your own to take them. I sort of remember a post like that in the Bazaar. 

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 3/2/2018 1:00 PM ET

To find out you who the person is you could post the movie.  This is kind of mean, but you'd find out who it is.  Then cancel the request.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 3/2/2018 7:24 PM ET

thats even more mean, because when something gets cancelled it goes back to the first spot on the list. If they dont catch it, they could lose the spot for the item they did have as 1st but is now 2nd because of the cancelled request

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 3/2/2018 7:52 PM ET

let me tell you I have been a victim of the fake posting. The guy was a scumbag and he was thrown off the site for doing it to a lot of people. I think he's back here under another name,of course I cannot mention his name.

Last Edited on: 3/2/18 7:53 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 3/3/2018 12:20 AM ET

I would never do a fake posting!   Kathryn, Do you mean if the order is cancelled the person loses their place in line?  I didn't know that.  I guess short of ruining someone's wishlist, there is no way to know who is ahead of you in line for a movie. 

I seem to recall the 'scumbag" who posted WL titles.  I think I had one posted to me.  I don't recall who it was that posted it.  I've had quite a few posted and cancelled within an hour. One woman cancelled TWO that she had just posted to the system!   Gotta wonder why someone posts a movie if they do not plan to send it out.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 3/3/2018 9:27 AM ET

In my case they clicked mailed and I never received it and the same thing happened to other people.  I had to wait 30? days to get my credit back and get back on the wishlist.  

It is also memorable to me because that wl offer was around Mothers Day.  When I saw the name of the sender I had a bad feeling because of the nature of his postings in the Bazaar stunk of something bad or rotten.  

Last Edited on: 3/3/18 9:31 AM EST - Total times edited: 4
Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 3/3/2018 12:52 PM ET

I will just have to buy them a copy to post in the system, I think its worth finding out who it is. 

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 3/6/2018 7:49 PM ET

I've been a victim of fake postings.  While I was tied up in the fake posting, another member got the DVD someone posted.  Probably the same person using a second ID, got it.  There are some dirty games that go on.  Erik, there's really no reason anyone needs to know who's in line in front of them.  When it's your turn, hopefully you'll get it.  That reminds me, I have to put my wish list back on private.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 3/6/2018 11:13 PM ET

I wanted to know who had such great taste, I'm going to grab two copies and investigate this. The game is afoot.