Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: no cases, using DiscSox instead

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
DanzigSpice (Anne K.)

Subject: no cases, using DiscSox instead
Date Posted: 3/17/2018 5:34 PM ET

Hi. I have replaced all my dvd cases with DiscSox from the container store and it saves soo much space. i have purging my collection and i want to post some dvds but i don't have the cases anymore. Can we still ship dvds without the cases but include artwork and inserts? 

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 3/17/2018 6:43 PM ET

No, we cannot "still" ship without cases. As far as I know, we have never been able to do so, at least through the system. You can offer them in the bazaar, though.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2018 2:16 PM ET

Yes, you can list them in the Bazaar as "disc & art only."  You can search for former posts in the bazaar to se how others have listed their posts. 

rkjnsn (Erik J.)

Date Posted: 3/20/2018 2:11 PM ET

The exact rule is "You must include the original case (or a case identical to the original) and artwork/covers with DVDs that you mail out." (emphasis mine)

DVD cases are pretty cheap, so you could buy a pack and transfer the DVDs & Artwork to them as they are requested. (This obviously only applies to DVDs that originally came in standard cases, and not ones that were Steelbooks, Digibooks, et cetera.)

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Subject: Rule for posting vs. Bazaar rule
Date Posted: 3/21/2018 6:04 PM ET

That is the rule for posting.  The rule for the bazaar (unpostables) says you may not offer wishlisted titles unless they are unpostable, otherwise anything may be posted disc & art only.