Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: 48 hour hold to auto request?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
John C.

Subject: 48 hour hold to auto request?
Date Posted: 7/5/2018 12:29 AM ET

I just noticed, after a missed hold notice, that many of my wish list items are on 48 hour hold for some reason. I know I never intentionally set it to that, and for quite some time it was set to auto request just fine. 

Is there an easy way to change ALL my list to auto request in one shot, and not having to change each individual title?

Alameda (Danny N.)

Date Posted: 7/8/2018 1:48 PM ET

John, 

I 've had several 'changes' that have occured to my profiles and settings here at SwapaDVD as well as at the PBS site.
For some reason my 'avatar always gets remove/lost/disappears - at the PBS site my Reminders List is set to show 'Availability" & Ascendiing order" - every 3 months or so it gets reset to displaying "Titles" and I have to go and reset it to my liking. 

You'll just have to live with it and make it a habit to recheck your settings every now & then.

As to the "Auto Request" and 48 Hours - In the auto request mode your DVD will be automatically ordered provided you have the needed credits on hand for it to be ordered....if you do not have all of the needed credits on hand (1 for a regular DVD - 2 for a single Blu-Ray etc) then your prder is placed in a 48 Hour 'Hold" and a message is automatically sent to you notifying you of a WL DVD available and you have to respond within 48 Hours so that the DVD can be ordered by you adding the needed credits to your account. 

If you have the required credits in your account and you have that title on your WL as Auto Request and it is being placed on a 48 Hour Hold, then youy will need to explain this plight to the folks running the system via the "CONTACT US" link on the bottom of each page. There might be something amiss with your account and SwapaDVD will not know unless you give them a heads-up that you are having a problem.

Good Luck!

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 7/9/2018 12:32 AM ET

Remember you not only have to have credits available, but also cash to cover the .49 fee.

wink (Chris G.)

Subject: Is there a way to change ALL my wishlist to auto request/48hr in one shot?
Date Posted: 7/17/2018 1:07 PM ET

Above, John asked this question but I did not see an anwer and I am wondering the same thing.

Is there an easy way to change ALL my list to auto request in one shot, and not having to change each individual title?

Or vice versa?  Most of mine are on auto, but I would like to change them to 48hour.  How can I do that?

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 7/17/2018 1:19 PM ET

You might try contacting the team. Please post what you learn!  :O)

John C.

Date Posted: 7/18/2018 12:41 AM ET

Wink, looks to be in the same boat. Setting 1717 DVDs back to auto request is going to be an anoyance of all... oh my. 

This isn't an issue of not having enough A or B; the SETTING changed. 

So when I click the + list button it FORMERLY was set to auto-request. At some point it flipped to HOLD on its own.

I changed it back and it appears to be set for now. As Alameda states; guess I just have to verify it from time to time from now on. 

Thanks everyone so far for the help. Hopefully we can figure out a way to set the list to auto request automagically. 

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 7/18/2018 12:22 PM ET

I wish and want the ability to put my tower on hold and keep my wishlist active.