Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: requested DVD with no picture, question?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
trevor213 (Trevor P.)

Subject: requested DVD with no picture, question?
Date Posted: 11/8/2018 7:38 AM ET

so I requested a DVD that had no picture because I was looking for a movie with that same title, the seller didn't seem to have a profile so I had to request it first and I sent him a PM asking which one it was but he's already printed a label so what happens if I get it and its not what I want?

it was only a 1 credit title but still I wish people would read their PM's

Last Edited on: 11/8/18 7:45 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 11/9/2018 2:56 PM ET

I have good luck by clicking on the "Buy from Amazon" button.  That brings me to the information that Amazon has; there's usually a picture.  SWAP gets it's database from Amazon. 

Another help is to search for a title listed in Amazon using their ASIN number (see Amazon's product description).  This is especially helpful for one word titles.  

Example - If I want to search for Fury (I'm thinking of the Brad Pitt movie) If I type in one word - Fury, I get several pages of stuff I don't want.  But if I look for B00OMC2LH2   I get just this: Fury (2015)

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 11/9/2018 3:06 PM ET

By the way - your signature line - "Please keep to a 2 disc minimum" - there are a few ways to make that happen.  1.  List only 2+ disc titles on your tower OR  2. Use the Wishlist Multiples (in the bazaar) and have at least 2 wishlisted titles to send out OR 3. Offter package deals in the DVD Bazaar (3 discs for 2 credits as an example).

You can't force someone to order two titles.  Most people won't see your signature line anyway.  YOU will have to cancel single DVD orders; it's not fair to other members that they have cancellations on their record, or that they lose their place in line for wishlisted titles.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2018 9:00 AM ET

I do not see the 2 disc minimum in the op's sig line. Maybe it was removed?  I do want to say that we cannot require that people order more than one single disc title.