Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Requested?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
diamondd (David N.)

Subject: Requested?
Date Posted: 11/20/2018 11:35 AM ET

Hi everyone.

I had a DVD ordered automatically. That's usually awesome since I don't put many on auto-request and, the ones I do, I'd know. However, this one was never put on auto-request. If I were you, I'd maybe be thinking that I put it on that way accidentally. But I didn't. I've been on this site for many years and I've ordered more than 1,100 items (not counting off discussion board, etc.) without ever having this happen. After wishing for it (which puts it on 48 hour offer) I'd have had to click on the dropdown, hover over auto, click again and have no clue that it happened. It would be pretty difficult for even a new member to make those mistakes and, by 2014 (when the movie was released) I'd been here for many years.

It's not a big deal that it ordered. I probably would have ordered it when it came up anyway, it arrived in great shape, I reported it received and thanked the sending member so all is great. It's just so odd that it happened.

So I'm just curious, has anyone else ever encountered this issue?

Thanks!

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 11/20/2018 3:25 PM ET

David, was this a title that you had once requested from a member but then the request got cancelled? (Last copy in the system, and the other member either replied that they couldn't send, or the request timed out.) When that happens, I believe the title is added back to your wish list in auto-request status.

diamondd (David N.)

Date Posted: 11/20/2018 8:37 PM ET

Hi Kevin,

I believe you're right. That makes perfect sense. So, mystery solved. Thanks for the reply!  

seizetheday (Kevin R.)

Date Posted: 11/21/2018 9:41 PM ET

People named Kevin R. are brilliant.