Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: 😱 I don't have "many" credits.

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Utwig (Erik F.)

Subject: 😱 I don't have "many" credits.
Date Posted: 12/2/2018 7:59 PM ET

As many people know, I have the most amazing wishlist on SwapADvd, this has led to me losing half of my friends on my buddylist, envy and jealousy can be problematic when dealing with such phenomenality. So before I begin, if you want to add me as a friend, I'd appreciate it a lot, and I promise I won't add all of your wishlisted movies onto mine, but I will vulturize it to a certain degree, but in the meantime, I'll give you cool new words to use like vulturize, my avifauna ad-libbing skills are world renowned. With that said, I have no credits, zero. This is because I added over three-thousand movies to my wishlist, some of which I know nothing about and really don't want, but being that I have such a high volume I'm getting requests granted daily, and I can't keep up. I feel terrible when I see that I'm the only one in line for a movie, and the person entering it into the system is counting on myself and myself alone to get them a credit, and I have to click on not wanting it. So I just usually click on anything that comes my way, I have no use for The Bookshop or Nightflyers Season One, and yet I'm first in line for both, I'm the only one in line for both, so I'm going to have to get credits somewhere before someone enters them into the system and I look like a real schwachkopf. 

So for those of you who have too many credits, I have the solution, send them all my way, or at least a few, lets face it, your wishlist is horrible, you have no chance of getting anything. You like those new Dr. Who Collection sets? David TenantMatt Smith? Peter Capaldi? Nobody has heard of them yet, I'm first in line for not one, not two, but all of them, they are all mine and not yours, so just send me the credits, its not rocket science, it makes perfect sense. I can only keep so many of these in my Top Ten, so please don't add them now, because over the course of time you may end up ahead of me, and then you would have a SLIGHT case on why you should keep your credits or have credits sent to you, but right now we have to look at the present and be logical, I can't be at zero credits in the position I'm in, I'm too valuable as a wish-receiver, and I wasted my last credit on Monster Island when Geno was nice enough to enter it into the system, he also has a delightful icon of the old school Joker. So please, before its too late, send a credit or two my way during the Holiday season, or at least the friend request, that is also cool as I want to be known as a SwapADvd hotshot. I don't have "many" credits, as I have none, this has to tug at your heartstrings a little. 

Last Edited on: 12/2/18 8:02 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
Advertisement (Bret H.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2018 11:54 PM ET

Erik,

I think you have only yourself to blame for this deplorable situation.  If you hadn't
snapped up all 37 copies of "A Sloth Named Velcro" (which now has 6 desperate disparate wishers, BTW)
you would have credits in hand to order the next posted copy of "Khumba: A Zebra's Tale"
and 35 other fine classic movie hits.

Slothfully yours,
-bret

"

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/5/2018 11:20 AM ET

Kathleen is the only person that tried to send me credits, thus she is now untouchable and the coolest member on this site. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/8/2018 6:48 PM ET

Some member named Trudy just granted my wish of Blue Fire Lady, I don't remember even adding that to my énorme list, but I'm the only one in line for it. She won't get a credit today because of all of you. I hope you are happy. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/9/2018 2:19 PM ET

Daniel is now in the lead for coolest member of 2018. 

MooVJunkE (Daniel B.)

Date Posted: 12/10/2018 6:51 AM ET

pish posh- that Frog is so fickle...

seizetheday (Kevin R.)

Date Posted: 12/10/2018 12:30 PM ET

Of course, Erik always has the option of purchasing credits, to get that wishlist item that he cannot live without...

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/11/2018 9:20 PM ET

You know who uses the word fickle a lot? Daniel Bryan....Hmm......

MooVJunkE (Daniel B.)

Date Posted: 12/12/2018 8:56 PM ET

I am from WA.

I am the right age.

I know a thing or two about rasslin'.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/12/2018 9:12 PM ET

Hows your feelings on marrying a twin?

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/14/2018 10:51 PM ET

Thanks to Daniels haphazard generosity, I was able to have the wish of Countdown fulfilled through an Arkansas Marge member. This pleases me, and my viewing of a wrestler-led-cast should be enjoyable. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/15/2018 6:04 PM ET

Just got Christmas Do-Over as well. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/16/2018 3:13 PM ET

Wow, last credit used on Christopher Robin! The other two were good, but that was a great way to finish off Daniels sympathy credits. 

Solvanda (Samuel K.)

Date Posted: 12/17/2018 1:14 PM ET

Now Frog, much as I loathe having my syllables hemmed in parental tones, it simply begs to be pointed out at this juncture: if you'd only held onto those creds for a couple more days, then you could have just this instant joined the epic tenth anniversary game of Temporary Insanity.  Instead your pockets are burned full of holes, and those mystery items on offer will be making their peregrinations elsewhere.  Ah, youth, wasted on the young :)

Image result for badger and toad

Last Edited on: 12/20/18 5:21 PM EST - Total times edited: 4
Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/23/2018 2:24 AM ET

I really hate to be "that guy" who asks a second time for credits, but listen, I have less than an hour to click accept on Up On The Wooftop and I'm going to look like a real clunkhead if I can't capitalize on this offer. This is the holiday season people, where is the compassion and kindness you were taught about all your life, and if you are a dark soul, where is your logic. I say that to say this, I have the superior wishlist, that is what I bring to the table, that is what I'm known for, that and being the true unsung Mod of the site, some of you are known for having credits, I wish we could trade places, I wish life went that way, but we are born with different attributes and skills, and it only makes sense that since I'm being granted endless wishes, and your wishlist is garbage with no hopes of ever getting anything, that you work with me and send your credits over. Even you credit sellers need to think long term, I'm going to need credits eventually, I can only siphon credits off Daniel for so long, so a gift of a few credits could go a long way considering there are thirty-plus sellers in that bazaar, even Orlswapper got involved here and there, well, until I ran him out business for sending me an invite for U-Exchange after sending him twenty-one dollars via paypal, you can save the spiel on bartering with etiquette Phil, I'm here for the shakedown, I'm here to shoot for the stars, and that involves getting this copy of Up On The Wooftop before anyone else, with such reviews as; "This concept could have been great. BUT, the acting was terrible. The mixture of family appropriate and inappropriate content makes it hard to watch with kids. And adults will mostly think it's poorly done." How can I go wrong, how can you go wrong, you can't, I'm not asking for all your credits people, just like one or two, just to let me know you are cool, so when I see you post elsewhere I can see your name and be like, oh theres that cool person, instead of, oh theres that person sitting on five hundred credits with a wishlist of fifteen items that nobody will ever go near, I think I will change their avatar to a bowl of moldy macaroni. Jokes aside, I just learned that people trade boats for boats on that U-Exchange site, I wish I would have picked another site to clown on, I think trading boats straight up like that is kind of entertaining, I might just buy a bayliner contessa solely to flip it over there, I wonder if the users over there are nicer than all of you, because I'm at the mercy of you credit scrooges on whether or not I'm going to get this holiday classic and things aren't looking good, I got this John André fellow giving me speeches about saving credits for games in some The Ant and the Grasshopper fable, I get it, I didn't have time to store up any credits for the winter as I was so busy making the greatest wishlist this site has ever seen and will ever see, and before I knew it the summer was gone. Well I'm dancing Samuel, where is your Myrmeciinae Mercy when I need it most? The sheer treachery and ferocity you people have shown me likens only to the time......wait....

Wow, I didn't know how much time I just wasted with that, I totally ran out of the allocated duration given, and the movie went to the next person in line, I guess theres no reason to go on now. I apologize if I got a little mercurial, saturnine, and jupiteristic back there, I buckled under the pressure, you don't know the cross I bear with this wishlist, its constant anxiety. I'll try to be a little more easy-going the next time I'm granted a wish.

Solvanda (Samuel K.)

Date Posted: 12/23/2018 9:50 AM ET

Ah excellent ol chap!  Happy to see you were able to scrape a few shillings together and didn't squander your whole inheritance, and will indeed be joining us in the most epic event of TI10!  Wouldn't have been the same without you.  Let the terpsichorean cacophony begin!

Related image

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/25/2018 2:41 AM ET

Things aren't looking good for accepting this copy of Winged Migration, Bruce T will not be pleased. Shannon S wasted her time entering Kill Kane in the system as well, I hope you are all happy, Merry Christmas. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 12/26/2018 10:52 AM ET

My Future Boyfriend with Sara Rue just got offered by LLSales, you people can't be cruel enough to let me miss this one as well. 

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 1/2/2019 4:41 PM ET

I received the movie, but now I almost want to send LLSales extra credits, as the movie was mailed in a Rudolph bubble mailer, the classic film Rudolph, it was impressive. 

diamondd (David N.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2019 9:56 AM ET

Hi Erik,

I just stumbled on this thread and, of course, immediately thought I'd send you a credit in a pathetic attempt to win you over so you will sell your blood to buy credits from me. Then, I thought, it may be best for you to send me a pint or two of your blood instead to show me just how serious and desperate you really are. Of course, this led me to remembering that you're living in the land of the littlest little peeper and probably have no blood left to harvest.

I did some reading to see if there was something you posted here that I could steal for my new cookbook coming out as soon as I can find someone to buy the movie rights. During my quest, I saw that Daniel is now in the lead for coolest member of 2018. I remember that, not long ago, you were willing to rip Rebecca's heart out to grant me the member of the year award and now I feel like a dog without a bone in a tree filled with flying ants. Sure, 2018 is gone but the trophy that has been displayed for all to see in either Rebecca's or my house (it was never made clear if it was officially recinded or not) is forever tarnished. Obviously, 2018 was my (or Rebecca's) bannor year but now I'm so discombobulated that I can't even spell "banner" correctly and I'm sure Rebecca now spells it with a "Q". Rebecca's feelings are much clearer to me knowing she faced the horror of your betrayal and wish to appologiize for you. Rebecca, in the words of the, not yet late, great Arnold Schwarzenegger, "I know now why you cry".

So Erik, if you'd like a credit given freely from me, I want you to grovel publically here for it. Remember, Nature Parks BOG OF ZAPATA Cuba may be riding on your decision on weather or not to do that. Also, for your trouble, I may even use the correct grammer "whether" in that last sentence which, strangely, is not a noun or a verb but rather a conjuction. Marrying a twin is too easy but I'll give you the option of introducing me to a conjoined set of twins to marry instead of the groveling thing. If I am to suffer the wrath of Bekki by marrying them while leaving her in a sad country song, I'm going to, at least, gain the publicity which would, no doubt, be focused on the strangest bigamy case ever.

Last Edited on: 1/5/19 3:03 PM EST - Total times edited: 9
seizetheday (Kevin R.)

Date Posted: 1/5/2019 9:23 PM ET

Since I follow all of the rules, I just want to point something out.  If anyone has ever sold a credit to Erik, they cannot give him any credits because they would then be breaking the credit selling rules by, in a sense, selling credits for less than $3.00 each.

So Erik, the more people that you purchase credits from, the smaller the pool of people that can give you credits.  It's a viscious cycle.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 1/6/2019 3:46 PM ET