Discussion Forums - Artwork and Case Bazaar

Topic: Using the Artwork and Case Bazaar

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
lens (Len S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Subject: Using the Artwork and Case Bazaar
Date Posted: 4/2/2008 10:40 AM ET

The Artwork and Case Bazaar is being beta-tested. This Bazaar may be discontinued at any time without notice.

Please Note: Deals made in the Artwork and Case Bazaar are the sole responsibility of the members involved in the deal. SwapaDVD does not guarantee deals made in the Bazaar, nor do we offer any recourse for items that are lost as a result of trading in the Bazaar. Please refrain from contacting us regarding Bazaar deals unless rules stated below are broken.

The Artwork and Case Bazaar is a forum where members can request or offer to share:

1. Original DVD Artwork

2. Empty DVD cases

There are a few rules that must be followed to post in the Bazaar. Breaking these rules may result in suspension of forum privileges or expulsion from the club.

• No copied or duplicated artwork is allowed.  This is a rule; it is also the law.  Offering or sending copied artwork in any Bazaar will cause expulsion from the club.
  • In the Artwork and Case Bazaar, each member may start a maximum of 2 topics per day, and may "bump" a topic only once per day (not the same day that the topic was started).  This is a rule.
    • Do not continue to "bump" your older topics to the front page if you have any listings there already.
    • Combine your listings! Any more than 2 on the front page from the same member will cause all of your listings to be deleted.
    • This is to permit everyone to have a chance to have their topic appear on the front page for a while, and not be "crowded out" by one relentless poster.
  • You are NOT ALLOWED to ask for anything in return for cases or artwork. Free with order from Tower is okay. This is a rule.
  • Recipients MAY compensate senders for postage and handling. Arrange compensation, if any, via PMs.  This is a rule.
  • Only DVD cases and artwork may be offered in the Artwork and Case Bazaar.   This is a rule.
  • Original member-created artwork is allowed if it is 100% created by the member and does not infringe on the copyrights of any entity.  The post must make it clear that the artwork is member-created. You must not use or duplicate any copyrighted images or designs. Recreated or duplicated original artwork is illegal to distribute, even for free! This is a rule.
  • Topics advertising your artwork and cases must be confined to the Artwork and Case Bazaar.  This is a rule.
  • Members must be courteous and respectful to one another. This is a rule.
  • Fraudulent offerings will not be tolerated and will result in expulsion from the club as well as possible legal action.

Here are the typical steps for completing a deal in the Bazaar:

1. The listing member creates a forum topic with a title describing what's being offered and additional details in the body of the post.

2. The receiving member finds an item they're interested in and reads existing posts to make sure the item hasn't been claimed.

3. Send a personal message (PM) to the listing member to confirm details and availability of the item. You may offer to compensate the sender for approximately the amount of postage.

4. The listing member confirms by PM.

5. The receiving member PMs the listing member with a delivery address.

6. If compensation is offered, work out a method of payment.

7. The listing member packs and ships the item(s). The listing member should also edit their original Bazaar title and/or posting to note the items that have been claimed.

Finally, here are a couple of recommendations to ensure successful use of the Bazaar:

• It is wise to consolidate your Artwork and Case Bazaar topics: title them with something eye-catching ("Artwork for Popular Titles"), and give details in the first post (titles, descriptions of the item(s) you are offering, etc.) This is a recommendation.
  • It is not recommended to start Artwork and Case Bazaar topics saying only "look at my post!" or "order from me".  These topics clutter up the Bazaar and don't really help members know if you have anything that they might like. This is a recommendation.

If everyone adheres to these rules and recommendations, the Artwork and Case Bazaar will be a safe, dependable method of obtaining quality items that will allow otherwise unpostable DVDs to be swapped on SwapaDVD.

Vassar (Bridget S.)

Date Posted: 5/9/2009 8:34 PM ET

Last Edited on: 5/9/09 8:35 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Crispin T.

Subject: ARTWORK FOR ORIGINAL THE TIME MACHINE
Date Posted: 11/13/2009 3:30 AM ET

DOES ANYONE HAVE THE ARTWORK FOR ORIGINAL

THE TIME MACHINE MOVIE. 

i HAVE THE DVD BUT WOULD LIKE THE ARTWORK.

THANKS

CRIS

siulim (Siu T.)

Date Posted: 6/1/2012 11:34 PM ET

Why are you not allow to ask for compensatioin for case.  I have and keep in stock a lot of empty cases which are new and paid for in bulk lots.  I have also tried a lot of different ones to get the best I could find at a resonable price.  I don't mind sharing and would not be looking to profit, but for new replacement cases I would like compensation for my expenses.

MikeL (Michael L.)

Subject: is this topic still alive?
Date Posted: 2/16/2018 10:08 AM ET

Last Edited on: 6/2/18 3:44 PM EST - Total times edited: 3