Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: $1 DVD's from Walmart

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Snowwfoxx (Robin P.)

Subject: $1 DVD's from Walmart
Date Posted: 4/24/2008 6:50 PM ET

Is there anything in the rules about posting the $1 DVD's in the slimcases from Walmart?  I have never had a problem in sending/receiving them on other sites but with all the restrictions on this site, I thought I might ask.

xsalezroarx (Melinda T.)

Date Posted: 4/24/2008 7:29 PM ET

Did you try listing them?  If it has it's original case, artwork & plays well, it should be fine...& of course it needs  UPC code.

Snowwfoxx (Robin P.)

Date Posted: 4/24/2008 7:33 PM ET

Yes, I did.  Just wanted to make sure I wasn't violating some rule.  Thanks:)  They always seem to have older, hard to find movies so I thought it would be a good way to earn some points.

SwapaGoat (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 4/25/2008 9:26 AM ET

Melinda is correct, as long as they have the original case, artwork, & is in playable condition in can be swapped.  The UPC will need to come up in the system for it to be postable.

Just my though, Wal-Mart wouldn't necessarily be selling them for $1 if they were in high demand.  So you may want to be cautions about going and spending too much money on DVDs that my not ever be requested.  Other members who've had DVDs that Target sells for $1 were getting rid of them in the DVD Bazaar and I believe ended up having to trade them for 4 for 1 or 6 for 1 deals or more before anyone was interested.

Last Edited on: 4/25/08 9:30 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
patticom (Patricia F.)

Date Posted: 4/25/2008 10:50 AM ET

I agree, unless they are titles you KNOW someone has wishlisted I think I'd pass.  The better buy is yard sales or thrift shop DVDs in good condition--I got lucky and found 18 last month, 12 of which were wishlisted and requested immediately!!  :)  Just be sure you eyeball the DVD first (and/or watch it) to make sure it's in decent condition!

Snowwfoxx (Robin P.)

Date Posted: 4/25/2008 2:22 PM ET

I was thinking more of writing down the UPC's next time I am at the store and then checking the WL numbers on the computer before buying any.  That why I know they won't be just sitting on my shelf and that those specifically have been requested.

Anya (Bridgett A.)

Subject: Walmart $1 movies
Date Posted: 4/28/2008 6:33 PM ET

I buy those movies also but only the ones I want to watch.  If I choose not to keep them I offer a deal on them.  Last time I did it I had 4 dvds I bought for $1 each from Big Lots.  3 of them had 3 movies each and 1 had 2 movies.  I asked 1 credit for them all and they went fast.  The other person got 11 movies for 1 credit and I got a credit for movies I paid a total of $4 for new.  I was happy with that deal and so was the guy who got them.  Just an idea.  I, personally, would not be happy to get one of those movies in the thin case for 1 credit so I don't list them even though many are in the system.  Singally I don't think they are worth 1 credit.  The other day I got Flatliners for $3 from Big Lots.  When I checked it was wishlisted so I plan to watch it and post it.  This is in a regular dvd case.  I also got Village of the Damned from Ollie's for $2.99.  I was a happy camper that day.  If you have those stores in your area, check them out. 

burielofmel (Jeff V.)

Date Posted: 4/30/2008 7:37 PM ET

I would have liked to have found the village of the damned DVD.

Windel (Windel M.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2008 7:42 AM ET

I wouldn't go around Wal-mart writing down upc numbers... While Wal-mart has no problem going into other retail businesses and doing this, they have a strict policy when others do this to them...

Wal-mart will think you are writing down prices to compare with  the prices of K-mart or something...

This will not do...

King K.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 5/14/2018 10:22 PM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 7:18 PM EST - Total times edited: 0
Mark D.

Date Posted: 5/26/2018 10:29 AM ET

Walmart has $1 DVD's ? ? ?

Not here in Massachusetts.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 5/26/2018 10:50 AM ET

Maybe back in 2008 they were selling cheapo Digiview DVD's in slim cases.  I have a few when I bought the entire lot of DVD's at gargage sales.    

I had this one:

A Place to Grow

spacer.gif?v=a8e9e4d

A Place to Grow (0) NR
Actors: Wilford BrimleyGary MorrisTracy Kristofferson
Genres: Kids & Family
SwapaDVD Credits: 1

r_l.pngr_r.pngr_l.pngr_r.pngr_l.pngr_r.pngg_l.pngg_r.pngg_l.pngg_r.png

Last Edited on: 5/26/18 10:53 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
foxhack (David S.)

Date Posted: 6/1/2018 6:31 PM ET

Oooooooh yeah I bought a ton of dollar DVDs at Walmart back in the day. Digiview, EastWest, some Genius Entertainment stuff too. Many of those titles never got reprints or re-releases by other companies.

I was very fond of their knockoff anime DVDs. A lot ended up being bad though. Several of their Digiview re-releases were releases from other companies. AFAIK, Drew's (that company that makes those knock-off music albums) bought their catalog and that was the end of that.

Space Thunder Kids

Space Thunder Kids (0)
SwapaDVD Credits: 1
r_l.pngr_r.pngr_l.pngr_02.pngg_l.pngg_r.pngg_l.pngg_r.pngg_l.pngg_r.png

Last Edited on: 6/1/18 6:32 PM EST - Total times edited: 1