Discussion Forums - Horror

Topic: The Strangers

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
DanzigSpice (Anne K.)

Subject: The Strangers
Date Posted: 6/13/2008 12:21 PM ET

I highly recommend "The Strangers".  It was very suspensful and I felt anxious and that doesnt happen to me at all while watching a movie. I've seen so many horror movies that I'm immune.  But this kept me on the edge of my seat.  Its not really a horror movie.. its more like Cape Fear, like an old school thriller.  Most people didnt like it becuz there wasnt alot of characters but that was the coolest part. You felt insolated with them. How many of us have been up in the wee hours of the morning and hear a noise outside. You get that pit in your stomache, afraid to look out the window.  Thats the feeling you have when you're watching this movie. 

Starla S.

Subject: cool
Date Posted: 6/13/2008 10:11 PM ET

I kinda wanted to see this , but was afriad I would be wasting my time, I myself am also a horror fan, and the zombie movies kick major ass!! I love the new chainsaw , it is seen for the real life as it can get , zombie just does a awsome thing with most of his movies, ok, back on topic, the strangers, OK, I will see it !! now if it truly sucks I will be back to bite you ' hehe ..

DanzigSpice (Anne K.)

Date Posted: 6/16/2008 6:15 AM ET

LOL..  ok. I'll stock up on Band-Aids.  :)

If you don't like it, i'll be shocked. this isnt a zombie movie though. its just 3 people terrorizing a couple all night long.  this could happen. thats the part that makes it better then a typical horror movie.  unlike vampires, demons, werewolves.... psychos actually exist!   its not a long movie, but it never slows down. 

TheBookHunter (Kimberly B.)

Subject: Re: the strangers
Date Posted: 10/2/2008 4:42 PM ET

I want to see this, is it out on dvd yet>? cause I cant find it online.

DanzigSpice (Anne K.)

Date Posted: 10/3/2008 6:37 AM ET

10/21   if you havent seen "them" watch that one too, its just like the strangers but I think its better.

Last Edited on: 10/16/08 6:08 AM EST - Total times edited: 1

Subject: RE: Just bought it
Date Posted: 10/30/2008 5:43 PM ET

I just bought the strangers today and am going to watch it later. I will let ya know how we like it! I have heard good comments abolut it and cant wait!

Subject: RE: My thoughts about the strangers
Date Posted: 10/31/2008 9:05 AM ET

When I buy a horror movie it's like opening up a present on Christmas, you get all excited and cant wait to open it to see whats inside. All day thats how I was " excited" to see this movie. Finally when my husband, my son and I hunkered down in front of the tv with the customary drinks and snacks, rubbing our hands together like children in antisipation. We start it, it begins, the creepy music gets your heart rate going, your a bit scared and then WHAM your bored stiff and completely let down. They should get an award for making a silent movie cause there wasnt too much conversation in this one. I love movies that are inspired by true events and this movie left me asking: Who is this couple? Why are they there? Who are these people trying to kill them and why???? It left me asking more questions. YOu dont get to know the couple at all cause you dont know anything about them. You dont see the killers faces at all. The ending was a let down but there was something the killers said in the end that makes me think there will be another one. I am torn between liking it and hating it all at the same time. I think it was a good plot but it could have been better. In another aspect I could see what they were trying to do with this movie. Psychos do kill people and you dont know why.I think its important to get to know the victims a bit before you dump them in a house and have crazy people go after them. I do think Liv did a great acting job and I think she should do more horror movies.  

In " Last House on The Left" which was based on true events. You got to know the family and the victims and you the killers as well. It did not leave me asking so many questions.

I really think if there is a Strangers2, which I believe there will be I think they need to step it up a notch. My husband and my son said they were disapointed with it. When I saw " House of a thousand corpses" I didnt like it at first but the more I watched it the more I liked it. This could be one of those movies that takes a few times to watch before you decided wether you really like it or completely hate it. Although I was let down by some of it I think i will hang onto it and watch it at a later time to decide yeah ill keep it, no I wont.

Marleen M.

Subject: the strangers
Date Posted: 4/22/2009 2:51 PM ET

I was so tense i felt like i could not sit thru this movie....when i found out it was a true story, i felt sick to my stomache.

DanzigSpice (Anne K.)

Date Posted: 4/24/2009 8:21 AM ET

lol.. it cracks me up when people say that.  but it does make the movie more intense when you know it really happened. you should watch "them". ive said it before, Them is exactly like The Strangers but better and this really happened to a couple too. I didnt feel tense when I watched the Strangers but i did watching Them.  if you read the synopsis or customer reviews it will spoil the ending. SO DONT READ IT. be surprised, i was totally shocked at the end.

http://www.netflix.com/Movie/Them/70075470?trkid=222336&lnkctr=srchrd-sr&strkid=1751410788_0_0

sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Date Posted: 4/27/2009 5:10 PM ET

funny games is 100 times better than the strangers or them....not your predictable every day movie

Subject: Funny Games
Date Posted: 4/30/2009 8:15 AM ET

Never heard of it, what year did it come out? whos in it?

sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Date Posted: 5/5/2009 11:45 PM ET

funny games came out in 2007 and stars michael pitt and naomi watts...it is a remake of a 1997 french film.....the original is also awsome, but i prefer the 2007 version...michael pitt is truly scary

Last Edited on: 5/5/09 11:50 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
wandersoul73 (James B.)

Date Posted: 5/13/2009 9:17 AM ET

I think I liked Them a lot more than Strangers. I also love horror movies, but none of them seem to faze me one way or another. Have you seen any of this years batch of 8 Films To Die For? Almost all of them were very good. There were a few chills, but the gory stuff is what floats my boat lol.

james