Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: DVD credit transfer to PBS?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Jamie N.

Subject: DVD credit transfer to PBS?
Date Posted: 8/14/2008 5:17 PM ET

I just requested that 2 credits be xfered to PBS, how long do I need to allow for this to take place?  I just checked my PBS acct and they are not there

jaimelesmaths (Julien C.)

Date Posted: 8/14/2008 5:20 PM ET

Double check your credit registry both here and at PBS. My experience has been that the transfers don't take more than 5 minutes.

ETA: It's also possible that you missed th e last confirmation step. If it didn't go through, try it again.

Last Edited on: 8/14/08 5:21 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Jamie N.

Date Posted: 8/14/2008 5:24 PM ET

ok, it shows 2 removed from DVD and 3 at PBS, but they are not in my acct yet?   I guess I will give it a little bit and hope they appear

vLame (Jon H.)

Date Posted: 8/14/2008 10:02 PM ET

damn credit transfers....

for some reason i can't transfer from SACD to PBS.

I did it once before why can't I do it today? It says I need to recieve 3 books. Last I heard it was 2. I really just want SwapaDVD credits. Anyone know why this rule changed within the last 10 days?

well i think the problem is I transfered a credit from SwapaCD to PBS after i earned my own credits from sending CDs/books, and now i can't because i've only recieved 2 books (which used to be the rule the rule is now 3), why did it change all of a sudden? To be clear I want to xfer credits I earned myself not the "Free for joining" credits.

Last Edited on: 8/14/08 10:03 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
jaimelesmaths (Julien C.)

Date Posted: 8/15/2008 2:21 AM ET

Jon (and Jamie, if your transfer still didn't go through), issues with credit transfers can be very dependent on the individual's account situation. Below is what the Help Center here says. If that doesn't answer your question, you should send in feedback so that TPTB (who have all the info about your individual account) can point you to the appropriate policy (and/or fix the problem). (Note, I am not on SwapACD, so I don't know their policies, and I thought the thing about receiving books before transfering credits was only about giving credits to another account...)

SwapADVD:

In order to transfer your initial free credit that you earn for posting 10 CDs to your account, you will need to deposit SwapaCD Money to your account. In order to transfer credits from your accounts,  you will have to have used your initial credits for the site you are transferring from. This is because the initial free credits we give are gifts to encourage members to try out the site. We do not intend for the startup credits to be used on our other sites.

To transfer to SwapaDVD from SwapaCD or PaperBackSwap, you will need to have at least 3 credits in your SwapaCD or PaperBackSwap account.  The minimum number to transfer to SwapaDVD is 3 credits, which are transferred at a ratio of 2:3, which means that 3 SwapaCD or PaperBackSwap credits will convert to 2 credits if transferred to SwapaDVD.

vLame (Jon H.)

Date Posted: 8/15/2008 2:38 PM ET

yeah, i think i did have money in my SACD acct when i swapped, jeez, i'll prolly never buy a cd again tho...

Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:44 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 9:59 AM EST - Total times edited: 0