Discussion Forums - Children's/Family

Topic: Bambi Question

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
nancys (Nancy S.)

Subject: Bambi Question
Date Posted: 1/21/2009 10:00 AM ET

Can someone tell how far into the movie it is when Bambi's mother gets shot?  We have this on videotape, so do not have a scenes index.

My daughter is 4, and I want to make sure I am watching the movie *with her* (as opposed to across the room folding laundry) when she first sees this part.  So far we have only watched the first 20 minutes or so of the movie.  (I know I know that I should just sit down and watch the whole movie by myself first - but who has time for that?)

EasyForTheEyes (Kimberly S.)

Date Posted: 1/23/2009 7:33 PM ET

I do have this on DVD but don't at the moment recall when it happens.  After my kids go to bed tonight, I'll get it out see if I can find it for you.  I'll post tomorrow if no one else has answered for you.

EasyForTheEyes (Kimberly S.)

Date Posted: 1/24/2009 1:25 AM ET

Okay, according to my machine and disc, it occurs at about the 40 minute mark.  Just a bit after.

I have a 5 year old and a 2 year old so Bambi and The Lion King are stored away for now.

nancys (Nancy S.)

Date Posted: 1/27/2009 5:30 PM ET

Thanks Kim.

Catherine O.

Subject: Bambi movie (and other Walt Disney)
Date Posted: 5/26/2009 2:18 PM ET
This is a great question and an opportunity for me to pass on some advice I was given when I was in a baby group with my daughter 11 years ago. DO NOT let children under five watch movies where a parent dies! And who kills off more parents in there animated movies? Think Lion King, Bambi, FINDING NEMO! I'm sure some of you will say, "but my child watched it and they didn't coming running in my room in the middle of the night to see if I was still alive"; lucky you. This comes from a teacher with a masters in child psychology, they are too young to start thinking about the death of a parent.

Last Edited on: 5/26/09 2:28 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
HolyTrinityHome (Caroline F.)

Date Posted: 11/9/2010 5:41 PM ET

Sorry I know this is old,but I just ran across this and I found  that this is funny. Reminds me of the episode with Friends that PHOEBE  starts crying when they show her Bambi completely. 

and I am sorry , I know i am going to get a lot of negative feedback but I let my son and daughter see all of it. My son knows that you go to heaven and profess with your mouth JESUS is King.

Pet's die all the time, Fishes for example, if they stop moving what are you going to say?????? Oh let's hide the fact that it died and buy a new one to replace the old one (that's not real life) ??????  

Just seems weird,we all have to talk about death to children at one point in there life. So if a cartoon wants to open up that  discussion between parents and children then be it.

Just my option, don't chop my head of.

God Bless

P.S.

If your child thinks you look like a DEER,FISH or LION then I think that child need deliverance,or a doctor...

wifeandmommie (Christa B.)

Date Posted: 11/18/2010 11:55 PM ET

my husband said he thinks that the mother's die in a lot of disney movies because of the mama owl that walt disney killed as a boy.  interesting and kind of sad...

HolyTrinityHome (Caroline F.)

Date Posted: 12/12/2010 3:53 PM ET

Yes,it is wife, he shot an owl but by accident not on  purpose. He got a be-be gun for a present and shot it. I guess he felt very bad and probably

at that point knew that no one lasts forever.It's a part of life

Last Edited on: 12/12/10 3:53 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Heidi V.

Date Posted: 1/29/2011 3:31 PM ET

I remember seeing Bambi at a young age, and it was sad but it didn't scar me for life or anything. I think as long as parents explain to kids that "Hey, this is just a movie, it isn't real", and also explain to them that "yes bad things do happen sometimes"--maybe  it will help the kid cope.  I don't know if I'd let my kids watch any of these movies though until they are older. Lion King is a great movie, but it is very intense. Oh yeah, don't forget Cinderella ---her mother and then her father died and she was left in the care of her wicked stepmother. Snow White had a similar story, and heck her stepmother tried to kill her.  That was a scary one! I also thought Sleeping Beauty was really scary.

Last Edited on: 1/29/11 3:36 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Amy001 C.

Date Posted: 3/14/2011 9:20 PM ET

I am a huge "The Office" The Office DVDfan .... BBC America as an observer, first caught on the original British series, starring the hilarious Ricky Gervias who also directed the seller to Stephen!I was a little skeptical of the American series before publication, since previous Two And A Half Men DVDattempts to recreate a British smash in the U.S. - Clutch - flop, but the difference this time was Gervais and Merchant were on hand as producers. ... and boy, does this work ... it may even be, dare I say ... better!This is Your Baby Can Read DVDunique because it is a documentary fiction ... The narrative is the key. It will examine the daily life of a fictitious office - part of the company, which provides the paper! Only here in thePrison Break DVDoffice, things are not exactly smooth ... is so politically correct, because it could never be! Everyone has the right - never wrong, and the tension is high! There are office romances, inappropriate words and actions, closet alcoholic beverages that joker at work, ... anything Scrubs DVD that might potentially cause tension in the workplace is the presence of the "Office"! Well, we are treated as well! This is a treat for fans of Office plenty to keep you amused during this series has been off the air!

---------------------

Last Edited on: 3/14/11 9:24 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Mary B.

Subject: Watch Weeds Season 7 Object Impermanence
Date Posted: 10/20/2011 2:19 AM ET

Watch cheap weeds season 7 dvd Episode 6: Object Impermanence Online – Hey guys, that’s Monday night time once again, and also this is the time to pay our own night time with a brand new episode from cheap weeds season 7 dvd boxset. Of course, since this magnificent display may enjoy our own night once again, it’s much better for everyone to have idea regarding the completely new episode. Most likely, it’s good to follow the life of Nancy Botwin and the remaining portion of the team to adopt the greater course regarding life but everything does not operate in line with the strategy. When the Botwin’s gang returned for their old way of living. I am talking about Nancy Botwin who’s after three years inside jail nonetheless doesn’t figure out how to change their self lol. However I think, which was one of the reasons why Weeds excel as well as continue being sustained by millions of visitors all over the world. Obviously, imagined the Marijuna california king nevertheless required herself in indiscriminate work yet the lady says in which the lady experienced change.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
army wives season 5 dvd
how I met your mother season 6 dvd

Last Edited on: 10/20/11 2:20 AM EST - Total times edited: 1