Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: IMPORTANT - Read before posting any IMPORTED DVDs!

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Subject: IMPORTANT - Read before posting any IMPORTED DVDs!
Date Posted: 2/17/2009 4:39 PM ET

SwapaDVD is unable to allow the barter or exchange of any imported DVDs that do not have a verifiable UPC  and Region 1 (North America) encoding.   Unfortunately, many imported DVDs that lack a UPC are illegal copies rather than legitimately produced titles.  Likewise, many illegally produced DVDs have "Region 0" or "Region ALL" encoding allowing them to be played worldwide. If SwapaDVD allows trading of pirated DVDs, we are potentially liable for contributory copyright infringement, a risk we as a company are not willing to take.  Because we have no way of verifying the authenticity of individual discs, we must insist that all imported DVDs traded here have both UPCs and Region 1 encoding.  Blu Rays must be Region A.

Your strict compliance with this policy is required to maintain your account status.

SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Date Posted: 2/19/2009 6:11 PM ET

The region code is usually found on the back of the DVD case as a small number inside a "flattened" globe.

SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Date Posted: 5/14/2012 11:42 AM ET

Please note--All replies in this thread are deleted. If you would like to trade in the Bazaar, please start your own thread under "DVD Bazaar". You can get there by clicking below:

DVD Bazaar

Mary M.

Date Posted: 4/10/2013 11:52 AM ET

Last Edited on: 4/10/13 11:54 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
ChuckB4Me (Chuck B.)

Date Posted: 9/4/2013 11:57 AM ET
Yuna5000 (Tatiana C.)

Subject: Thoughts on appending this policy?
Date Posted: 3/7/2015 3:49 PM ET

I lived in England for 7 years so I have some British dvds that I'd love to trade but needless to say they are PAL and region 2...

Are there any thoughts regarding allowing users to post import DVDs if they post their DVD's UPC as well?  

Since Amazon allows for searching for products using the UPC but doesn't provide people browsing it, Amazon would allow for a means of verifying the product.

At present it's a joke really to say that any imports can be traded here due to the imposition of Region 1 and NTSC requirements.  This limits trading to just US and Canadian dvds which is hardly an import.

It seems silly that imports can be traded freely on Swap-A-CD but not on here.

Edit: I also just noticed that there is a small handful of imports actually within the Swap-A-DVD database that would violate the rules dictated in this forum topic. (i.e. Man of Steel German Steelbook, no German release would ever be NTSC, Region 1, or Region A)

Last Edited on: 3/9/15 4:28 PM EST - Total times edited: 4