Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Stupid, Stupid Auto-request..and people that cant click

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
math-teacher (Mario C.)

Subject: No Problem
Date Posted: 2/25/2009 10:00 PM ET

Like I said, simple misuunderstanding. Enjoy the film Becky...despite its cult status, I find the movie hard to watch....

Last Edited on: 2/25/09 10:01 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
patticom (Patricia F.)

Subject: For those in APO FPO
Date Posted: 3/1/2009 7:44 AM ET

That's exactly what I do, Karyn, but it means I have to keep my movies on 48-hour request as a rule (which does hurt me, as some people will wait for autorequest movies before posting)--otherwise I might miss someone, and then the movie will bounce back to them (it's only happened once, thankfully, but still!).

stitch0852 (Barbara B.)

Date Posted: 3/11/2009 12:54 PM ET

I am a member of PBS as well as this site.  I must say that PBS members respond, on average, far quicker to requests for books that I have experienced here.  Admittedly, I have not posted any DVDs for swapping, but I do buy credits outright and to date, I have several DVDs where the person listing them has failed to respond in any fashion to the request.

I cancelled National Security (2 separate copies)

High Crimes

Drop Zone

I also have had issues with the lister mailing the DVD days (I have seen someone mark it mailed up to 4-5 days) BEFORE they actually mailed the item based on postmarks and the system stating when it was marked mailed.

As it sits right now, I am waiting six days and counting from the time a DVD was marked as mailed from Kansas.  It is only 2-3 states away and I am in the southern part (almost on the border) of my state!  I could have driven there and back by now!  They did use DC, it still states it is in Kansas (if it is correct).

It is frustrating because I would just about bet that if/when it arrives it will most likely have been marked mailed days before it actually was (not counting the most generous 48 hours the site gives).

It seems that the ones getting "burned" are those waiting for discs.  It isn't really "burned" per se, in most cases the DVD will eventually arrive, but it seems that some could put a little more effort in checking their accounts and if they do not want to participate any longer, to remove their discs from the list or place it on holiday hold.

I have a request that has been in the system just over the 5-day mark, yet the system has not shifted it to the next holder on the list.  Instead, I am still stuck in limbo with someone who obviously has no intentions of sending it.  I have cancelled movie requests because they have gone unanswered (ignored) by the lister for long periods of time, which wastes time on my part.

I do not list DVDs and have not listed any "just to get a free credit."  I may consider sending DVDs in the future, but I do not list something I have no intention of sending.

I wish SaDVD would reduce the wait time a lister has from 5 days down to 2 and make the shift quicker to the next available copy holder. 

It is a very frustrating site because it seems many may try to get a "free" disc and then leave the site with their free disc.

The disc that has been waiting for over 5 days?  That member only has two other discs listed and both were listed early last year.  Seems maybe they don't check their membership any longer...?

On PBS I use DC so I get the credit when the book is marked shipped.  I do not mark the book shipped until the mailman has removed it from my mailbox so those who order from me know that when the site tells them the book has been mailed, IT HAS BEEN MAILED!  By the way, most PBS books are sent Media Mail so they can be expected to take a little longer to arrive not the First Class that DVDs are sent.

Has to be a way to weed these bad seeds out before they cause irreparable harm to the site.  Maybe make it you don't get the free credit until listing 10 DVDs AND sending out at least one that is marked received by another member.  That may stop some from doing it?

So sorry.  Off my soapbox of frustration.

KnJFisher (Jennifer F.)

Subject: PBS and SwapaCD have failed me!
Date Posted: 3/11/2009 1:00 PM ET

FInally after the 3rd person on the list I got a book I requested and the last 4 CD's That have come (these were ALL wishlisted items) were marked "cannot mail".  So why in the hell did you post them if you couldnt mail them??? One person actually said he was trying to CLOSE his account but didnt know how, so you do this by posting a CD??? whatever.

This rarely happens to me here, and honestly has only happened to me since the influx of new members from the Today show thing.

Oh BTW, when you cancel you are not helping the system weed out non-responders. So you should let the request time out.

Last Edited on: 3/11/09 1:03 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:41 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 9:59 AM EST - Total times edited: 0

Page: