Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: No UPC

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
sway4829 (Bethany S.)

Subject: No UPC
Date Posted: 4/6/2009 9:53 PM ET

I received a boxset today that didn't have a UPC. On top of that they didn't even post it as the correct version. This particular TV show is available in two different packagings. An older more bulky one and a newer repackaged slim pack. I actually had the series and I've been swapping the older copies into the system to get the new slim packs cause I'm trying to make room on my shelf at home. Needless to say I was sent the older bulky version of the set which I just swapped into the system myself a few weeks ago and not the newer slim pack I was wanting.

So can it be marked with a problem because of the no UPC?

Last Edited on: 4/6/09 9:54 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 4/6/2009 9:58 PM ET

yes.  Mark it RWAP and note under "damaged by sender" that it didn't have a UPC.  Nothing should be posted in the system without the UPC. 

Also,since the cover art doesn't have to match exactly, the UPCs to the fat and slim packs may correspond to the same title IF they are exactly the same.  So, you can't mark them RWAP for the wrong UPC just for getting the fat pack instead of the slim pack.  Unless it says something like [repackaged] behind the title (kinda like the Dark ANgel re-releases)

sway4829 (Bethany S.)

Date Posted: 4/6/2009 10:02 PM ET

Thanks I'm still sort of new so I wanted to be sure. :)

The UPCs are different. It's the Buffy series and there are both versions in the system and I've been getting the ones with [Repackaged] in the title and this one was not although that is what I ordered.

Elaureth (Kerry L.)

Date Posted: 4/7/2009 5:08 AM ET

Yeah, that's the exact reason they require us to post by UPCs and not just by searching for the title and finding one that looks like what we've got.  DVDs are released in so many different versions, it's just safer to go the UPC route and avoid issues like you just ran across.  (Of course, there will always be people cheating the system and screwing things up, no matter what the rules say.  *sigh*)

The good news is, you will get your credits returned and you get to keep the incorrect DVD set.  Since it has no UPC you can't post it to the system, but you can offer it in the DVD Bazaar.  If it's something that is wishlisted, someone will be sure to offer you full credits for it.

Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:40 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 9:59 AM EST - Total times edited: 0