Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: no common sense

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Subject: no common sense
Date Posted: 5/4/2009 9:05 AM ET

I suffer from a disease called no common sense....Ask me any trivia question and i can give you an answer, but I just cant seem to figure out how to add an icon to my name...I have tried for two months and nothing...I browse my pics click on add to profile and nothing...any help or suggestions would be welcomed...thanks nicole

twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2009 9:21 AM ET

I hope this works..........

I know how to put a picture at the bottom of a post.

I went to Ask.com, clicked on images, typed movies in the space. Images show up, find one you like, right click and select save as. When I do that it goes to my pictures folder. Then go to your SwapaDVD account settings and find the Forum settings. Where it says Upload images click on Browse. When I do that my Pictures folder opens and I click on the image I saved. Click Open and it should show up in the space bar in your Upload Image. Then make you sure you scroll down to and click  Update Forum settings. 

And now I know how to add an image to my profile! I had not set up a profile before so I couldn't add an image. So now I have a nickname and a picture. I added the picture the same way I added pictures to my sig line.

Gee, ya learn something new every day!

Last Edited on: 5/4/09 9:48 AM EST - Total times edited: 3
Elaureth (Kerry L.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2009 9:35 AM ET

Ummm, all I can think of is . . . does your image meet all the requirements?  File type either gif, jpg, or png?  Maximum file size of 30kb?  Maximum dimensions of 75px x 75px?

Oh, and I remember someone else missing this part before . . . after you select you picture you have to scroll down and click the button "Update Profile Settings"!

sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2009 10:02 AM ET

iam doing all of those things, the only thing i could think of is the picture is too large.  i wll ask my husband t make it smaller...thanks all for your help...

twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2009 12:13 PM ET

Nicole......when you save as and it goes to your pictures, make sure it says jpeg.....I think that determines the size.

KnJFisher (Jennifer F.)

Subject: Nicole
Date Posted: 5/4/2009 1:26 PM ET

I am in the same boat, I have done all those things and still can't get one on my profile either. If you finally figure it out let me know! 

papaschild (Laura F.)

Date Posted: 5/4/2009 2:17 PM ET

I think usually it's due to trying to use a picture that doesn't meet the requirements.  And I've discovered that even if you have it exactly the right size it doesn't always work.  It says the maximum is 30 k and 75 x 75px, but I usually take it down at least to 20 k and 50 px..  Also check the file format to make sure it's a jpg.

Nicole, if you don't have software to edit a photo, and can't find anyone there to help, send me a pm.   8^)

Last Edited on: 5/4/09 2:20 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
sterju3 (Nicole W.)

Subject: yipeeeeee
Date Posted: 5/4/2009 5:48 PM ET

my husband made the image smaller using paint....i have an icon, i'm a big girl now!      Jen i bet your pictures to big...find a teenager and they will fix it for you...lol   my teenage daughters always know how to fix anything..the icon can't be larger than 75x75, mine was 382x119, no wonder it wouldn't work.....thanks everyone for the help...good luck jen