The auto-request feature on the Wish List will request a Wish List DVD automatically for you when the DVD becomes available to you if you have enough credits and money in your account, skipping the email offer/confirmation step. Auto-request will work even if an account is on Hold. If you do not have enough credits and money in your account when an auto-requested DVD becomes available, you will simply be skipped over, and will retain your place in the Wish List line for the DVD.
Why use auto-request?
- If you know you will not be able to respond to a Wish List offer email within 48 hours (or if you are going away and putting your account on hold), you will be sure not to miss a Wish List DVD.
- Please note: if you put an AVAILABLE item on your Wish List set to auto-request, that is the same as requesting it.
- If you don't want that item right away, you should set that wish to be on Hold
- Please also note: if you put an AVAILABLE item on your Wish List set to auto-request and you don't have enough credits and money, that will mean that your account will request the item automatically when you get enough credits and money.
How to Set a Wish List item to Auto-Request
- Choose "Auto-Request - Yes" on the right of the item
To disable the "auto-request" feature for an item on your Wish List:
- Choose "Auto-Request - No" on the right of the item
How the Wish List Works
How to put your Account on Hold/vacation
How does the Vacation Hold affect My Wish List?