Actors:The Rock, Dwayne Johnson Genres:Sports Sub-Genres:Wrestling Studio:Sony Format:DVD - Color DVD Release Date: 10/01/2002 Original Release Date: 01/01/2002 Theatrical Release Date: 01/01/2002 Release Year: 2002 Run Time: 4hr 15min Screens: Color Number of Discs: 2 SwapaDVD Credits: 2 Total Copies: 0 Members Wishing: 0 Edition: Collector's Edition MPAA Rating: NR (Not Rated) Languages:English See Also:
"This DVD follows part of The Rock's illustrious wrestling career. It talks about his start in the movie industry with the Lion King. The Rock commentates on condensed versions of some of his matches from 2000 through 2001. There are 2 discs to this set. There are many extra features on disc 1. The extras include six hilarious interviews/promos and four matches. The matches include:
1. The Rock vs. Kurt Angle (No Way Out 2001 - WWF Championship) Very good athletic and mat-based match. There are a lot of close falls in this match. Watch for Kurt Angle forgetting to kick out of one of the pins and Earl Hebner stopping the count. Oops! Otherwise great match. (9/10)
2. The Rock vs. Booker T & Shane McMahon (Unforgiven 2001 - WCW Championship) Okay match. Nothing too exciting about this one. It is basically a carry over from Summerslam 2001. The Rock/Booker T fued just did not go over that well. (8/10)
3. The Rock vs. Shane McMahon (RAW August 2001 - Street Fight) This was kind of a cool match. Booker T gets involved about halfway throught the match. Shane used the flying elbow on The Rock off the top rope onto the announce table. After this move the match cuts out and it doesn't go back to the end. I don't know if this was a gliche in my DVD or if it is on all DVD's. I don't get it. (8/10)
4. The Rock vs. Rob Van Dam (RAW September 2001) Okay match. Nothing too great. (7/10)
Disc 2 was originally not included on this DVD. It contains loads and loads of interviews and promos. They are hilarious. No one can cut a promo against The Rock. The Wrestlemania promo is funny and very intense. The King Of The Ring promo with Booker T and Goldust is great. This DVD contains one extra match.
1. The Rock vs. Undertaker vs. Kurt Angle (Vengeance 2002 - WWE Undisputed Title/Triple Threat) This was one of the top ten matches of the year in my opinion. Very good, well paced match. The three competitors worked well with each other. There is a great segment in which the three combatants used each others finishers on one another. (9.5/10)
This DVD is decent. I wish it would have included some more matches. The DVD is worth it for the promos and interviews. I recommend picking this one up, but it is not a big loss to your collection if you decide not too.
Overall Rating: 8"
Bonus features are good!
Joe Sherry | Minnesota | 01/02/2003
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD is a chronicle of the WWE career of the Rock between June 2000 and August 2001. During this time, The Rock wins the WWE title several times. He also took a hiatus to film the movies The Mummy Returns and The Scorpion King . While i do not think much about either of those movies, they were quite successful and made a lot of money. The feature of the DVD is the year's recap of the one WWE superstar who is known outside of professional wrestling.The real value of any non Pay Per View wrestling DVD is not in the 60-90 feature (which, if you have been watching the programming for some time, you have already seen the actual storylines the first time around), but the value lies in the special features. Wrestling special features are bonus matches and promos/interviews. This DVD has bonus matches against Rob Van Dam, Booker T, Shane McMahon, Booker T & Shane McMahon (handicap match), and Kurt Angle & The Undertaker (Triple Threat match). While these are the better matches the Rock has been in during this time, the Rock does not often put on Match of the Year caliber matches. What the Rock truly is good at is the promos. A promo is where the superstar gets to speak and set up his next match and tear down his opponent. The Rock gives some of the best promos, better perhaps than anyone else in the WWE. This DVD has 20 of the Rock's best promos. Needless to say, this DVD is only for wrestling/WWE fans."
The Rock 'Brings It' to DVD!
Joe Sherry | 10/22/2002
(4 out of 5 stars)
"The Rock has been named the People's Champ and the Brahama Bull. He gave the world "Roody Poo!". He "Laid the SmackDown!". Find out how the Rock has become the most electrifying man in sports-entertainment today. The DVD has The Rock's best moments and matches from June 2000 - August 2001, including his WWF Championship win at King of the Ring 2000, footage from The Mummy Returns and the Scorpion King, his war with Chris Benoit at Fully Loaded 2000, his WWF Title loss to Kurt Angle at No Mercy 2000, his battle with Rikishi at Survivor Series 2000, his music single "Pie", his match with Kurt Angle at No Way Out 2001, the Road to WrestleMania, battling Stone Cold at WrestleMania X-Seven, the WrestleMania aftermath, his return to the WWF in July 2001, his WCW Title win at Summerslam 2001, footage of The Rock in the gym, its all here and more!!! SPECIAL FEATURES:
- Rock vs. Kurt Angle (No Way Out 2001)
- Rock vs. Booker T & Shane McMahon (Unforgiven 2001)
- Rock vs. Shane McMahon (Raw, August 2001)
- Rock vs. Rob Van Dam (Raw, September 2001)
- Six exlusive interviews I would recommend this DVD to any fan of the Rock, it is not a must-have, but it is worth checking out."
Just Bring Me the DVD Extras You Promised!
Avelino C. Tuason | Los Angeles, CA United States | 01/17/2002
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Okay, the feature presentation itself is worth 5 stars. It's filled with the rousing promos and hilarious backstage interviews that show why The Rock continues to be, without a shadow of a doubt, thee most electrifying man in sports entertainment, not to mention the greatest trash talker since Muhammad Ali. There are also exciting match highlights and revealing behind-the-scenes stuff. Now for my in-depth critical analysis: I really want to lay the smackdown on the jabroni who messed up the special features! The card in the case lists one of the DVD extras as The Rock vs. Rob Van Dam, but it's not in the DVD (I even checked out another DVD to see if it was just a one-time mistake, but it wasn't there either)! Since the matchup featuring my favorite two stars is missing, so are the two stars from my review.(Update: I've just been informed that if you enter "All the Extras", highlight "Lillian thinks about...", then click left twice on your remote control, The Rock vs. RVD will play. Why they made it impossible to find this great match that ECW/WWF fans could only dream about a year ago is beyond me. I will grant them only one of the stars back for pain and suffering.)"
Rock brings a whole new meaning to....Just Bring It
The Critic | USA | 01/10/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This DVD is pretty well packaged together. Rock's new home DVD (Just Bring It) is from his career June-August. IT has action packed matches with music moving smoothly with the hype of the match, as always Rock delievers another great one, from promos to movies he does it all singing, acting, wrestling, and charitys! This has a lot more of Rock as a rel life person and in depth talking about his oppenents and great matches. You get too see a preview of the Scorpion King as well as Mummy Returns and how Rock acted it out and everything. Extras are packed with Rock's promos and 4 matches vs RVD on RAW vs Angle at No Way Out, vs Shane and Booker at Unforgiven, and Rock vs Shane street fight. Whether your a Rock fan or not, whether you love,like, or even hate The Rock this DVD is great. And you will once again smell what The Rock is cookin"