Discussion Forums - Fantasy

Topic: Amazing new fantasy movie- The Fall (2006)

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
sevenspiders (Vanessa V.)

Subject: Amazing new fantasy movie- The Fall (2006)
Date Posted: 12/8/2008 12:28 AM ET

If you havent seen it, Tarsem Singh's movie The Fall (2006) is an amazing movie, as gorgeous and wrenching as Pan's Labyrinth, its an absolute crime that this movie didn't get more attention!  I got it off Netflix after a coworker recommended it and was stunned that I could never have even heard of a movie so good.  It can get a bit heavy and it's not for young kids (it deals with attempted suicide), but it was easily the best movie I've seen all year.

the Fall

Last Edited on: 12/8/08 12:30 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
wampyrii (Mark F.)

Date Posted: 1/23/2010 1:19 AM ET

Phew, this is a slow part of the forum!

Thanks for the recommendation, I've just added it to my Netflix list as it sounds like 'my kind of thing' and I liked The Cell too which was Tarsem's other movie and also pretty hit and miss amongst viewers.

FireflyDaddy (Tim T.)

Date Posted: 1/10/2012 12:49 AM ET

Pan's Labyrinth was a good movie that might have been great if I could have heard it in english instead of read it. As it was made the way it was I find the book just as welcoming as the movie and more moving.

It sounds like I am saying it is a bad movie it isn't. It is just in spanish and having to read translations distracts from the power of a lot of the seans.