Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
Genres: Horror, Science Fiction & Fantasy
When The Asphyx was released in 1973, The Exorcist was about to change the landscape of horror forever, moving the genre away from subtlety and into the realm of graphic effects and makeup. That's one of the reasons why Th... more »
The Asphyx - Henstooth Video (2009) Edtion
Nigel Soal | London | 02/26/2010
(4 out of 5 stars)
"This is a review of the Henstooth Video (2009) Edition
This movie is very unusual and is well worth watching. I would highly recommend it to people who enjoy Hammer or similar movies. Please see other reviews for a full plot out line.
The main point of this review is to report on the quality of the new DVD edition. It has both bad and good points.
1. No extra's apart from chapter selection.
2. The picture is not restored and has a number of blemishes.
1. This is the full length 99 minute uncut version of the film.
2. The video has an aspect ratio of 2.35:1 which means that you actually get the full picture on this edition.
3. Although the picture is not restored it is not that bad and is quite watchable.
Overall I recommend this DVD. It is much better then previous editions and I highly recommend it."
Movie is fine, DVD is lacking
S. Johndrow | 05/19/2009
(2 out of 5 stars)
"The DVD features the movie in a poor NTSC to PAL conversion. The movie is shown in 2.35:1 widescreen, but it is not 16x9 enhanced for widescreen TVs."