Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete First Season|
Actors: Bob Newhart, Suzanne Pleshette, Peter Bonerz, Bill Daily, Marcia Wallace
Directors: Alan Rafkin, George Tyne, Jay Sandrich, Jerry London, Martin Cohan
Genres: Comedy, Television
It?s time again to say "Hi, Bob!" when The Bob Newhart Show Season 1 hits DVD on April 12, 2005! Relive the memories of this true comedy classic -- a "must have" for TV comedy fans!
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Justin P. (cinemaclassics)
Reviewed on 12/27/2015...
The Bob Newhart Show is from an era when television consistently produced high quality sitcoms (1970's). It stands out from the competition, however, given Bob's penchant for intelligent and witty humor - a skill he honed during his early days doing stand-up comedy - check out some of his records from that period, very good stuff. The Bob Newhart show is tv worth watching, however, not just due to Bob but the entire cast (especially Suzanne Pleshette). From 1972-1978 on CBS, my family tuned in each week.
1 of 1 member(s) found this review helpful.
Michel D. (michelann) from WALNUT GROVE, MO
Reviewed on 7/14/2014...
Bob Newhart got his start as a stand up comedian and I still have several of his 33rpm albums from the era. He is now one of those comedians others emulate and study to learn what works and Bob sure delivers! This, his first series for television is classic TV and thoroughly enjoyable yet today!
2 of 2 member(s) found this review helpful.
Peter Q. (Petequig)
Reviewed on 11/24/2009...
The best SitCom ever !
0 of 1 member(s) found this review helpful.
Bob's on DVD
Ned | Eldersburg, Maryland United States | 02/27/2005
(4 out of 5 stars)
"At last Bob Newart is on DVD.
This first release of The Bob Newhart show on DVD contains all of the episodes of its first season. All 24 episodes are contained on 3 disks. It is full frame and list at 657 minutes.
1) Fly the Unfriendly Skies - Bob invites Emily to join his fear of flying group on a outing to New York.
2) Tracy Grammar School - Bob feels left out when he is not invited to one if of Emily's classes.
3) Tennis, Emily? - Emily's tennis instructor comes to see Bob about his inability to turn down the women who are attracted to him.
4) Mom, I Love You - Bob can't tell his mother that he loves her.
5) Goodnight Nancy - Bob's old girlfriend comes to town.
6) Come Live With Me - Carol wants move in with her boyfriend.
7) Father Knows Worst - Howard believes that his son does not like him.
8) Don't Go To Bed Mad - Bob and Emily have a disagreement about Monday Night football.
9) P-I-L-O-T - Since Bob and Emily can't have a child, they think about adopting.
10) Anything Happen While I Was Gone - Jerry announces his engagement.
11) I Want To Be Alone - Bob needs some quite time, moves into a hotel and Howard thinks that Bob and Emily are breaking up.
12) Bob and Emily and Howard and Carol and Jerry - Howard has a tooth pulled.
13) I Owe it all to you... But not that Much - Jerry becomes one of Bob patients when he can't get serious with any of his dates.
14) His Busiest Season - When Bob's group can't find any Christmas spirit, he invites them over for Christmas Eve.
15) Let's Get Away from it Almost - Bob and Emily spend time at a ski lodge and find themselves with an annoying couple.
16) The Crash of 29 Years Old - Carol has her 29th birthday.
17) The Man with the Golden Wrist - Emily gives Bob a gold watch for his 40th birthday.
18) The Two Loves of Dr. Hartley - One of Bob's patients falls in love with him.
19) Not With My Sister You Don't - Howard's 22 year old sister comes to visit and Emily set her up with Jerry.
20) A Home is not Necessarily a House - Bob and Emily considering buying home.
21) Emily, I'm Home... Emily - When Emily get a fulltime job, Bob gets upset.
22) You Can Will `Em All - A star baseball pitcher credits Bob with saving his career.
23) Bum Voyage - Emily wants Bob to take a 2 month vacation but he is afraid his patients won't be able to take his absent that long.
24) Who's Been Sleeping on My Couch? - After another failed romance, Jerry spends a few days at Bob's apartment.
The Bob Newhart Show--the cure for what ails you.
Farrell Wheeler | Bryan, Ohio, USA | 03/06/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I don't remember a television show that was as funny as The Bob Newhart Show. The staid, professional Dr. Hartley and his wife are surrounded by a parade of the wackiest neighbors, colleagues and friends that one could imagine. Even Dr. Hartley's "group" is an hysterical array of people who somehow make even those in for psychological help seem funny without making fun of their individual problems. This show is classic Newhart. It is not slapstick or in-your-face humor nor is it anything like the comedy seen on television today. Bob Newhart is subtle and timed with absolute precision. Bob's facial expression (or should I say lack of one) tells us that something funny is about to happen. You won't go wrong getting The Bob Newhart Show if you love wonderful, colorful characters, first-rate writing and everyday situations which are full of humor and wit."
Feel Good Comedy!
KS62 | Michigan, United States | 02/26/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The Bob Newhart show is a classic comedy, backed by an excellent supporting cast and wonderful writing. This show is as clever as any top notch comedy today. After looking at a list of all the episodes in season one, many of them are some of the funniest i remember during the entire run of the show. I'm so glad this show is finally being released. Other great news to share. Mary Tyler Moore Season Two will FINALLY be released this summer! Hallelujah!!"