Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Father Ted - The Complete Series 2|
Actors: Dermot Morgan, Ardal O'Hanlon, Frank Kelly, Pauline McLynn, Joe Rooney
Director: Declan Lowney
Genres: Comedy, Television
Laugh along with three Irish priests exiled on a tiny island as penance for indulging in their outrageously funny vices in the second series of this comic masterpiece. Hell--It's July and that means it's time for the Fathe... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
"That would be an ecumenical matter!" - Father Jack
S. Steinkuller | San Diego, CA | 02/12/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"TV comedy doesn't get any better than this! Father Ted Series 2 is even better than Series 1. The laughs are unstoppable with episodes like:..."Hell" - Father Ted, Dougal and Father Jack go on holiday in a miniscule caravan, only to have it invaded by the hilarious screeching Father Noel (played by So Graham Norton's very own Graham Norton)and his riverdancing youth group."Tentacles of Doom" - The Bishops are coming to elevate the Holy Stone of Clonrichert to a level II holy relic and Ted must train Father Jack to say things other than "Feck!", "Drink! and "Girls!". The outcome is ROFL funny."Cigarettes And Alcohol And Rollerblading" - Lent has never been scarier! They enlist Sister Assumpta to help them hold their Lenten vows, however Sister Assumpta has different ideas about Lent which include sleeping on bricks, starvation and torture."
And God Created...These Guys?
Matthew David West | Sheppard AFB, TX United States | 01/04/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"For those who love humor, whether it be 'Subtle' or very 'In your Face', 'Toungue In Cheek' or down right rude, you will love this DVD. While the manufacturers appear to be keeping it quiet as to which Episodes will be included on this disk, the BBC America web-site as been slightly more helpful.The American/Canadian release of Series two is more complete than the British counterpart currently available. Included are such episodes as 'Flight Into Terror', 'New Jack City' and 'Cigarettes, Alcohol and Rollerblades'. These three epsiodes were never really a part of Series two when It was aired originally in the UK, they were one-offs done in between Series two and three, and included two extremely good Christmas Specials (One of which includes appearances from the BBC Ballykisangel cast). From the very first episode where Ted and Dougal get stuck in an extremely small Caravan with an extremely over zealous Singing Priest and his group of teen-age groupies, to Ted and Dougal entering 'A Song For Europe' after stealing somebody else's tune (this episode includes a scene where the 'Bleep' stays on for 80% of the time), from Ted and Dougal being dragged across a field behind a tractor for lent, and Ted climbing under an Aeroplane in mid-flight to repair the damage that father Maguire has done, it is not stop laughs.This series is a fitting tribute to Dermot Morgan and his comic genius, and though he is missed greatly, with episodes like this, we will never feel that we missed out."
"My lovely horse, running through the field..."
B-MAN | Earth, occasionally. Until I get bored. | 03/16/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Ever want to go on holiday and see "Saint Kevin's Stump", stay up until "10 past the 11" doing the riverdance with Father Noel Furlong? Maybe you'd like to meet the "Dancing priest", the "Spinmaster", or the "most boring Priest in the world"? You might just like to see Fathers Ted and Dougal in the obligatory video for "My Lovely Horse", attempt to give up Cigarettes and Rollerblading, or covered in raw sewage! At the very least you could have a cup of tea or some cake with cocaine, excuse me, raisins in it! Remember not to roll up the "magic road" and don't go to far down the "Bob Geldof road". Well, if you're interested in any of the above then Father Ted: The complete series 2 is for you! This, the hilarious 2nd season of Father Ted is collected on two discs with 5 episodes on each disc. The episodes included are: 01. Hell:"You've a lovely voice, very like Celine Dion"
02. Think fast, Father Ted:"Off to see the Dancing Priest"
03. Tentacles of Doom:"Dougal, we are not watching ALIENS!"
04. The Old Grey Whistle Theft:"Its only a bleedin' whistle."
05. Song for Europe:"We have to lose that sax solo."
06. The Plague:"Thats...um, caviar."
07. Rock a Hula Ted:"She has a lovely bottom"
08. Cigarettes & Alcohol & Rollerblading:"She's been eating chocolate!"
09. New Jack City:"Its the hairy hands, is it?"
10. Flight into Terror:"It was Father Fluffy Bottom."The extra features include writer's commentary by Graham Linehan on Disc 1 and Bios and Photos on Disc 2. Unfortunately, the Christmas episode, "A Christmassy Ted", is not included here which is strange because it was released in the same year (1996) as the rest of series 2. Hopefully it will be included on the 3rd and final series collection. The final series consists of 8 episodes so with the addition of "A Christmassy Ted", it will probably be another 2 disc set. I can't wait! Anyway, Series 2 is worth every penny, I could stay up until nearly "half ten" watching it! To all the other Father Ted fans out there: "You're a mad crowd!""
Best Comedy Series ever
The Critics | Atlanta, GA | 03/13/2002
(5 out of 5 stars)
"We consider this to be the best comedy series ever.
Hopefully Series III will become available in the USA
on DVD soon, as our Series III was purchased outside
the U.S. on VHS"