Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Prince's First Love|
Actor: Prince's First Love
Director: Lee Kwan Hee
Genres: Indie & Art House, Drama, Television
Opposites attract in the lighthearted romantic drama A Prince's First Love. Movie star Cha Tae-Hyun from My Sassy Girl teams up with popular actress Sung Yu-Ri (One Fine Day, The Snow Queen) to present an endearing romance... more »
Did the Bali/Tahiti tourist board pay for this series?
Vince F | 07/24/2008
(2 out of 5 stars)
"A Prince's First Love is a love triangle that is mostly set at some of the most beautiful scenery in the world. A very rich family owns several resorts around the world. The chairman has a son that falls for an everyday-girl who wants to work there, but she has her eye on someone else. The chairman is a single father and there is a very good story involving his situation. There is a lot more to the story and I wont spoil it for you.
The series is 18 episodes and on the whole I cannot recommend a purchase of this series. The main problem lies in the obnoxious, annoying and mostly un-watchable behavior from the chairman's son and his friends that starts in episode one and continues through the better part of the series. Do the makers of this series really think I want to sit through hours of yelling and almost stalking-like behavior? The other problem is that a very large part of the show is filmed at these resorts and while they are nice to look at, the constant daily activities of the employees which includes the lead players, got very repetitive.
This series also contains some of the nonsense that shows up in some of the other kdramas. Ok, here is a question for the ladies out there. Lets say your in a car with a guy and your way out in the countryside. You like the guy, but your not sure how he feels about you. He gets a cellphone call and drops you off on the roadside to fend for yourself and find your own way back into town. Would you still like him?
I almost gave up watching this about half way through and was just going to consider it one of the bad purchases I have made in my life. Instead, I decided that since I paid for it, I should find out how it ends. So, what I did was use the fast forward button to get past the "filler" scenes and the annoying outbursts by the chairman's son. I eventually reached a point about 75% through the series.
It turned out to be a good idea that I endured through the first 75% of the series because the last several episodes turned out to be very, very good. The annoying son finally calmed down and every scene had sincere and heartfelt meaning. The other great thing about the last 25% of this series is that a major turning point occurs, and like a great mystery novel, we have no idea who will end up with whom. This brought a smile to my face and tears to my eyes. It was a wonderful experience for me and I actually stayed up late to finish the show. Its frustrating to see how well things can be done and then wonder why more effort could not have been put into the earlier part of the series.
I do have to be thankful of one thing from watching this - I have already started the planning process for a long cruise that visits some of the islands shown. Maybe that was part of the reason this series was made - to get people to visit those places. Well, it worked on me.
T. Joseph | New Orleans, LA United States | 07/28/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"I would have to agree with Vince F. on his review. That's why I only gave the series three stars.
I also will not spoil the plot/ending of the series, but this series is not as good as others I have seen. This series is really repetitive and the plot doesn't really develop. The one person that I found most enjoyable was the leading female's father. He's the only one that made sense and remained consistent throughout. Several of the characters made me angry and caused me to almost not finish watching this series. I am at the end of episode 17 as I type this review and I am praying that episode 18 doesn't make me regret my decision to keep watching.
My only criticism of K-dramas is the fact that leading females seem to cry more tears than I thought were humanly possible. I'm so tired of seeing this chick with a long face. This series started out so well. The leading female has so much spunk and life. Now, I'm over it.
I doubt the last episode will save this series. I sense an ending that I REALLY don't want to see coming on...."