Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Saw The Final Chapter |
Formerly Saw 3D
Actors: Tobin Bell, Cary Elwes
Director: Kevin Greutert
Witness the last diabolical act of a legend as the final pieces of Jigsaw's puzzles are revealed! As a deadly battle rages over Jigsaw's brutal legacy, a group of Jigsaw survivors gathers to seek the support of self-help g... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Member Movie Reviews
Jonathan H. (bigjohn84) from WILLIAMSTOWN, KY
Reviewed on 10/23/2012...
1 of 3 member(s) found this review helpful.
Todd B. from BURIEN, WA
Reviewed on 1/31/2011...
I have been a fan of the SAW franchise and was excited when the movie was released to DVD as I tire of going to theaters. I'm glad I purchased this as a rental and didn't pay full price.
- I thought detective Matt Gibson (Chad Donella) was hardly believable. I can't decide if his wooden performance was as bad as the delivery of his lines. Was it over-acting or was he simply a bad choice for the part? I sense he was a poor choice. His physical size didn't seem to be a match for Detective Hoffman. Perhaps Donella was picked to covey that his adversary (Det. Hoffman) was far superior as an adversary. The entire film kept me wishing that Christopher Meloni (Law and Order SVU) would have been the ideal choice.
- I think the death of Jigsaw's wife was a waste. Detective Hoffman overpowering two guards and placing Dr. Tuck in the face ripping device was useless. I kept hoping that Dr. Tuck would have killed Hoffman, not Dr. Gordon, I liked that Dr. Gordon reprised his role and I think it was keen that he was revealed to be a driving force behind Jigsaw's work. I think Jill Tuck killing Hoffman would have been a giant FU to Hoffman as he always thought he was superior and untouchable. Leaving him to stave to death and rot in the place where many people died was lost on me. Giving him time to think about his crimes and his behavior? Different death than most? I wasn't moved.
- Sean Patrick Flanery was amazing in Boondock Saints, but was a useless protagonist as a wannabe survivor. I was waiting for an interesting plot line when his character was introduced, but immediately realized that he was a fraud.
- There seemed to be a disconnect when Jigsaw met Dagen at the book signing as Jigsaw died before a survivors group formed.
- The death of Dagen's wife was also a waste. It was known that early on that Hoffman was merely cruel and that his traps weren't devised to teach anyone a lesson, rather, merely to inflict pain. If Hoffman wanted to do this then he succeeded in killing Dagen's wife.
- The traps in this film weren't enough to overcome many of the problems in the plot, script, and casting.
I was extremely disappointed and could continue to list items which made the film a bad movte to watch. The entire series made close to a billion dollars and was enthralling for me, save this last movie. If you're a fan you might want to see how it ends. If you're merely curious then I'd suggest skipping this title.
I gave it two stars as I am a fan of the series.
0 of 1 member(s) found this review helpful.