Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Seinfeld - Season 5|
Actors: Jerry Seinfeld, Julia Louis-Dreyfus, Michael Richards, Jason Alexander, Wayne Knight
Director: Tom Cherones
Genres: Comedy, Television
1. The Mango — What kind of fruit does Kramer attempt to return to Joe's Fruit Stand? — a) Plum — b) Mango — c) Peach — d) Kiwi 2. The Puffy Shirt — What does George's father wear in the pool? — a) Swim cap — b) Sneakers — c) Fli... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
One of the best years for Seinfeld!
Brian Kerecz | PA, USA | 09/21/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"This season includes what I think is my all-time favorite episode of Seinfeld: The Opposite. Everything that George has done in his life has turned out to be wrong, and so he decides to do the opposite for what he would normally do. The scene where the woman pushes the chair out to him after he comes on to her is arguably the best scene of any Seinfeld episode.
"The Pie" episode includes the look alike mannequin of Elaine, truly hilarious in that the store-owner puts the mannequin in a compromising position, presumably after Elaine had an altercation in the store. Who can forget the line when Jerry helps Elaine steal the mannequin and is in the car: "I don't know about you, but I'm getting a hankering for some Doublemint gum." Another Classic.
The Fire, when George pushes everyone out of the way(even elderly women) at a kid's birthday party and claims to be leading the way out.....Eric the Clown(which was a foolish name to George), was the one who put out the fire.
The Hamptons have the gang go to the Hamptons for a weekend. And during this time when George is out shopping, the gang sees George's girlfriend topless before he does. After this, Jerry's girlfriend sees George with his swimming trunks down after he was in the pool......and there was shrinkage.
The Cigar Store Indian episode has a female Native American that Jerry likes becomes offended when Jerry gives Elaine a "Cigar Store Indian" as a gift. This episode also has George breaking his parent's coffee table while his parents are away, and when they get back they discover a condom in their bed.
In The Conversion, George falls in love with a girl whose religion is Latvian Orthodox, and then attempts to convert to the religion so that he can be with her. The episode also has Jerry learning about the girl he is dating apparently taking fungicide.
The Wife- Jerry and his girlfriend pose as husband/wife so that they can get a marriage discount at the local dry cleaners. The plan backfires as the dry cleaner discovers the plan and Jerry's female friend thinks she is being used just for the discount, when Jerry takes in other clothes. This is also the episode in which George pees in the shower at the gym and is worried about being discovered.
(to George) "Rock climbing? Where do you come off going rock climbing....rock climbing? You need a boost to climb into your bed." - Elaine in "The Stall"
"My name is George. I am unemployed and I live with my parents."
"I'm Victoria, hi!"
- George and Victoria in "The Opposite"
This season could possibly be the best out of all of them.
Episode List from Season 5:
The Puffy Shirt
The Sniffing Accountant
The Lip Reader
The Non-Fat Yogurt
The Cigar Store Indian
The Dinner Party
The Marine Biologist
The Raincoats (1)
The Raincoats (2)
Still going strong
Adam Dukovich | 05/27/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Thanks to a very strong fourth season, Seinfeld's fifth season saw the show go from a cult phenomenon into an entertainment juggernaut. This year represented the direct middle of the show's 9-year run, and by and large it was excellent. Not quite the equivalent of season 4, but still quite passable.
There's no doubt that the fifth season of Seinfeld ended strong. Three classic episodes close it out: The Fire (with George's hysterical reaction to a fire), The Hamptons (with an ugly baby), and The Opposite, which I think is the show's all-time best episode. What a way to end the season: George in the throes of success, with a new job, apartment and love interest, and Elaine losing all that. The scene where George screams at the thugs in the movie theater is hilarious. There are great moments all throughout this season: The Puffy Shirt deals with the ramifications of Jerry's decision to wear the titular garment on the Today show, The Marine Biologist has George pretending to be of that profession, and there's the operatic The Barber.
Although this was the first season that Seinfeld enjoyed massive popularity, we can now look back historically to see that it was not the show's best (nor its worst). My particular gripe is the episode The Mango. Don't get me wrong, I like the taboo-busting, but I found myself cringing far too often during this episode at things that were supposed to be funny. Your mileage might vary, though. In short, it's worth buying."
Another Classic season
Chris | St.Louis,MO | 04/18/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"I will do my episode by episode guide to the wonderful 5th season of one of are best TV shows. Here it goes
65-1. The Mango-Jerry has a lack of confidence. He wants another shot with Elaine. Kramer gets banned at fruit stand.
2. The Puffy Shirt-George moves back home and becomes a handmodel. Kramers girlfriend is a mumbler who ask Jerry a question. Jerry agrees and has to wear a puffy shirt.
3. The Glasses-George looses his glasses. When he buys new ones Elaine is bitten by a dog. George thinks he sees Jerry's girlfriend making out with Jerr's cousin Jeffery.
4. The Sniffing Accident-Frank Costanza wants to be a bra salesman.Jerry and Newman think there Accountant is a drug dealer. Elaines boyfriend uses a Exclemation point on everything
5. The Bris-George gets a great parking spot at the hospital. Kramer sees a Pig Man as he thinks.Jerry becomes the Godfather
and at the end a Psycho sky dives onto George's car.
6. The Lip Reader-Jerry meets a deaf girl. Elaine has trouble with a limo driver and does not get to meet Tom Hanks. George tries to get the deaf girl to lip spy on his girlfriend. Kramer does a bad transation and George gets introuble. Kramer gets
to become a ball boy at the US open for Monica Sales. George gets Ice cream all over his face at the beginning.
7. The Nonfat Yogurt-Jerry uses the F word at the Yogurt place. George sees his friend Lloyd Braun at the place. Elaine dates him. They check to see if it is fat yogurt. Kramer dates the girl who test it.Lloyd Braun is fired from job with Mayor. Guiliani beats Braun's employer for the mayor of New York.
8. The Barber-Jerry gets a cut from a bad barber. Barbers nephew is good and he gets one from him instead. Newman tells
9. The Masseus-Jerry cant get a message from his girlfriend. The girl does not like George and he cant help wonder why.
Elaine dates a man who has a serial killers name.
10. The Cigar Indian Shop-Jerry's girlfriend hands him a TV guide and he gives it to Elaine who looses it. A Weird guy gets it and takes it to Geroge's house. Goerge is also grounded
11. The Conversion-George wants to be Latvian orthodox for a girl. Jerry sees a fungus medecine in his girlfriends cabinet. Kramer picks up a nun. Later she leaves the Church.
12. The Stall-Elaine gets mad at a lady in a TV stall. She is on sex phone lines. Elaines boyfriend and George go rock climbing. The mans face is hurt and Elaine stops dating him.
13. The Dinner Party-They need to buy a gift.Jerry gets sick on a cookie and George buys wine. A guy is double parked and
at the end of the episode it turns out to be Sadam Hussein.
14. The Marine Bilogist-Jerry sees a college classmate a women who George likes. George acts as a Marine Biologist. Elaine has a bad book meeting with a Russian.Kramer goes golfing and hits a whale. George gets the ball from the whales blow hole.
15. The Pie-Jerry's girlfriend wont share a pie. Elaine has a manaquin of her. The weird guy with the TV guide made it.
16. The Stand In-Kramer and Mickey are stand ins. He used a lifter. Jerry must tell jokes to sick friend. Elaines date who is one of Jerry's buddies takes it out on a date.
17. The Wife-Courtney Cox acts like Jerry's wife. George pees in the shower at a health club. Elaine tries to date a guy.
18. The Raincoats-The Seinfelds come for a visit. The Close talker becomes fixated with them. Jerry made out at Schindlers List and Newman tells his mom and dad on him.
20. The Fire-Kramers girlfriend heckles Jerry relentlesly.
George panicks when he sees a fire at his girlfriends place.
21. The Hampton's-George's girlfriend goes topless and later he is caught naked by Jerry's girlfriend. He yells I was in the pool. Elaine tries to pick up a Doctor. Kramer gets into trouble for picking fresh lobsters from the ocean.
22. The Opposite-George does thing opposite and gets a Yankees job and moves out. Elaine has hard luck with Juicy Fruis her job goes under. Kramer goes on Regis and Kathy Lee."
Excuse me, can you spare a square?
Britt Gillette | Chesapeake, VA USA | 04/26/2005
(5 out of 5 stars)
"The preeminent show of the 1990's decade, Seinfeld grew from an idea of "a show about nothing" into a sacred pop culture icon - not that there's anything wrong with that.
The show follows the life of comedian Jerry Seinfeld and the exploits of his "short, quirky, bald guy" best friend, George Costanza (Jason Alexander), Jerry's neurotic neighbor Cosmo Kramer (Michael Richards), and Jerry's ex-girlfriend Elaine (Julia Louis-Dreyfus). Through the years, they're joined by a loveable cast of characters that includes Newman, Uncle Leo, the Soup Nazi, Frank and Estelle Costanza, the Bubble Boy, and countless others...
Following on the heels of Season 4, arguably the best season ever (with famous episodes such as The Bubble Boy, The Contest, The Pick, The Junior Mint, The Handicap Spot, and The Pilot), Season 5 offers its own case for Seinfeld immortality with episodes like The Puffy Shirt (a.k.a. The Pirate Shirt), The Stall (can you spare a square?), The Marine Biologist (or is it The Architect?), The Hamptons (there was significant shrinkage!), and The Opposite (George's newfound religion)...
The Seinfeld (Season 5) DVD features a number of hilarious episodes including the season premiere "The Mango" in which Jerry discovers that Elaine "faked it" during the time they went out. Determined to redeem himself, he begs Elaine for another shot. Meanwhile, Kramer gets banned from his favorite fruit vendor when he attempts to return a bad peach... Other notable episodes from Season 5 include "The Hamptons" in which Jerry's girlfriend accidentally sees George naked following his swim in a cold pool (which caused him to shrink like "a frightened turtle"), and "The Opposite" in which George decides that every decision he's ever made in life was the wrong one, and from now on, he'll do the exact opposite of what his instincts tell him to do...
Below is a list of episodes included on the Seinfeld (Season 5) DVD:
Episode 65 (The Mango)
Episode 66 (The Puffy Shirt)
Episode 67 (The Glasses)
Episode 68 (The Sniffing Accountant)
Episode 69 (The Bris)
Episode 70 (The Lip Reader)
Episode 71 (The Non-Fat Yogurt)
Episode 72 (The Barber)
Episode 73 (The Masseuse)
Episode 74 (The Cigar Store Indian)
Episode 75 (The Conversion)
Episode 76 (The Stall)
Episode 77 (The Dinner Party)
Episode 78 (The Marine Biologist)
Episode 79 (The Pie)
Episode 80 (The Stand-In)
Episode 81 (The Wife)
Episode 82 (The Raincoats: Part 1)
Episode 83 (The Raincoats: Part 2)
Episode 84 (The Fire)
Episode 85 (The Hamptons)
Episode 86 (The Opposite)
The DVD Report"