Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Shinjuku Incident |
Actors: Jackie Chan, Daniel Wu
Genres: Action & Adventure, Indie & Art House
Unreleased in mainland China due to its excessive violence, Derek Yee's crime picture Shinjuku Incident is a rare attempt at serious drama for action star Jackie Chan. As Steelhead, a taciturn mechanic who endures the puni... more »
Tense + Dark + Bloody + Vividly portraits gang lives in Japa
Cestmoi | 08/23/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"- It's fast-paced, tense, dark and bloody.
- To some degree, it faithfully and vividly portraits the gang lives of some Chinese illegal immigrants in Japan. For example, it shows them making money buy selling fake phone cards, stealing from gambling machine, cleaning sewers, sorting garbage in recyclable and non-recyclable stuff, etc.
- The ending is predictable.
- It gives enough time to develop some good character development.
- This is not a typical movie by Jackie Chan. There's no joke. It's not a comedy-action movie.
- It's the BEST drama-acting of Jackie Chan so far. All his previous attempts at this are bad jokes. It's Definitely Worth Watching.."
Don't expect a martial arts movie..
Kenneth L. Whittier | 08/06/2009
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I already bought this Blu-ray from HKflix.com before it was even for sale on Amazon. The story line is somewhat predictable, a rag-to-riches plot with the usual backstabbing going on, while Jackie looks for his girlfriend. The video quality was very good. The acting is good also, and Jackie doesn't seem to have many lines to speak, mostly his character makes a few speeches and almost no martial arts scenes, just good old fashioned acting from Jackie from beginning to end."
Jackie Chan's true acting skills!
C. Panther | Dumfries, VA | 08/19/2009
(5 out of 5 stars)
"Jackie Chan finally delivers his amazing acting skills in this Shinjuku Incident I just watched an hour ago. I've been waiting for Jackie Chan to make a movie where there is no action-comedy (not to say i don't love those) and just take his acting to the next level. Great story, characterization, and energy given in this film. A new view of Jackie Chan."