Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|Thomas Friends Mud Glorious Mud|
Actor: Thomas & Friends
Genres: Kids & Family, Television, Animation
Studio: Starz/sphe Release Date: 10/07/2008
Similarly Requested DVDs
Old stuff, new package
Dianne Davidson | Rochester, NY | 05/15/2008
(3 out of 5 stars)
"Once again, the packaging has gotten me. I love Thomas and my son cannot live without him. We have tons of DVDs. The biggest problem of all: they do not issue DVDs in season groups, except for the very early ones with Ringo Starr. Thomas The Tank Engine And Friends - The Early Years (3-Disc Set)This means we have lots of repeats. This is a new package - 2008 - but very little is new. The problem is compounded by the lack of story listings on the cover.
Of course, once my son saw the cover, he HAD to have it.
So - while I have hardly ever seen a Thomas episode I didn't like, I really would love to be able to choose the episodes I buy; otherwise, I am suffering from confusion and delay! (Fortunately, no one was hurt.)"
Pretty good and newer episodes
Elizabeth Su | Palo Alto, CA | 05/07/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"I am sure these are all repeat episodes, however unlike other Thomas DVDs where they repackage really old episodes and in do them in bad quality, this one is pretty good. The color quality is good and episodes not that old.
Here are the stories:
-Edward the really useful engines
-Thomas and the avalanche
-Missing Freight cars
-Mud Glorious Mud (my son loves this - mud AND construction)
-A friend in need
-Edward, Trevor and the really useful Party
3 Sing-along songs:
-night and day
-Engine roll call"
A Good Mix of Thomas Episodes
Heather | Orange County, CA | 10/14/2008
(4 out of 5 stars)
"When I discovered the DVD insert had made it's way into my purse (funny how those things happen when you have toddlers!) I thought it was a subliminal hint to write a review of "Mud Glorious Mud."
This DVD is actually one of my 2.5 year-old's favorite's because he loves dirt. While there are only two "dirt" episodes on this disc, it provides a mix of Thomas episodes using 3 different narrators. As a parent, I'll admit I'm not the biggest fan of Alec Baldwin or George Carlin's narrating, but none of these episodes are really that annoying.
The disc includes the following stories and songs:
* Edward the Really Useful Engine - (Narrated by Alec Baldwin) Henry thinks Edward is too old & should be retired. Sir Topham Hat helps prove Edward's usefulness.
* Thomas and the Avalance - (Narrated by Michael Brandon) Christmas on the Island of Sodor with snow. Thomas doesn't want to wear his snowplow, Elizabeth is rude to him. (Two episodes in a row with characters being rude!)
* Night & Day Song - ok, not too grating
* Missing Freight Cars - (Narrated by Michael Brandon) Episode with the smaller engines, Scarloey, Rhineaus, etc.
* Mud Glorious Mud - (Narrated by Michael Brandon) Miss Jenny's crew runs out of diesel fuel. The prissy yellow car on the cover has to drive through the mud to meet Thomas to get more. My son loves this one because he likes the mud/dirt & all of the tractors, trucks, etc.
* Togetherness Song - a little too catchy & annoying. Gets stuck in my head.
* A Friend in Need - (Narrated by Alec Baldwin) Centered around Jack, who hopes to join Miss Jenny's construction crew. The other "dirt" episode.
* Edward, Trevor and the Really Useful Party - (Narrated by George Carlin) This story only has Edward, Trevor & Bertie the Bus in it, but Trevor is so sweet, it's a nice little story. Trevor gets the last laugh after Bertie is rude to him and then he gets stuck in the mud.
Overall, a good DVD, but to be honest, we really only watch the 2 "dirt" stories and sometimes the last one over & over & over again."