Subject: I have found a DVD that I think you would enjoy
|The Three Stooges|
Actors: Larry Fine, Moe Howard, Curly Howard, Shemp Howard
Director: Two DVD Set
Genres: Comedy, Music Video & Concerts
DISORDER IN THE COURT — Often hailed as the best of the early Three Stooges' comedies, Disorder in the Court revolves around a courtroom murder trial when Larry, Moe, and Curly are brought in to testify for a dancer employe... more »
Similarly Requested DVDs
Not what you expect
Matthew Klickstein | Los Angeles, CA USA | 05/07/2003
(2 out of 5 stars)
"I went into buying this eight DVD box set believing that there would be at least a few classic "Stooges" shorts. Instead, I receive but ONE of DVD of shorts, the rest being various clips, biographies, and rare footage of the Howard brothers. I'm all for learning a bit about our classic comedy heritage here, but my main complaint is that the clips on each DVD borrow greatly from each other (you'll find yourself watching one DVD, realizing you've seen these clips on the LAST DVD!), the clips are poorly edited together, and there are far too many annoying "Pop-up Video"-esque factoids that are indeed informative, but get in the way of enjoying the Stooges' comedy. Frankly, if all you want is to laugh till your sides split watching one of the best comedy teams in American history, I would reccommend reading a biography. If you want to watch the Stooges, try a different box set."
Hidden treasures... do not overlook!
William B. Seguine | Flanders, NJ USA | 12/28/2002
(4 out of 5 stars)
"Goodtimes has 8 Three Stooges discs on the market. This set collects them all in one package. There's a lot of public domain material here. If you're looking for the boys' Columbia shorts, only 4 films (public domain) are here. BUT, if you're looking for a vast sampling of their entire career's work, there's a great deal of fun footage not generally available. Such as... - Movie trailers for their '59-'65 features and 1950's GOLD RAIDERS
- TV appearances with Steve Allen, Ed Sullivan, Frank Sinatra, local LA TV, Ed Wynn, Danny Thomas, Martha Raye
- 1965 NEW 3 STOOGES cartoons and live-action wraparounds
- '60s TV commercials and PSAs
- Clips of the Stooges from a rare 1939 Columbia one-reeler called SCREEN SNAPSHOTS
- Clips of a '73 interview with Larry at the Motion Picture Home & Hospital
- The complete 1946 feature film SWING PARADE OF 1946 with Curly Howard
- 1&1/2 hour biography/documentary, with a nice sampling of rare footage and photos
- More!You can buy these eight discs singly, or in two 4-packs. This 8-pack is Goodtimes' best DVD offer, and it's worth the money! Sure, it has a little of that Goodtimes-bargain-basement flavor, but the scope of material presented is pure Stooge-heaven!"
Another public domain Stooges set... Save your cash
William B. Seguine | Flanders, NJ USA | 05/06/2007
(1 out of 5 stars)
"If you're looking for Three Stooges public domain material... this collection will throw it your way at a cheap cost.
If you're shopping for a quality package of Three Stooges material... do not waste your time here, at any cost.
All contents are available on other DVD collections, with noticeably better visual presentations.
- Four public domain Columbia shorts (DISORDER IN THE COURT 1936, BRIDELESS GROOM 1947, SING A SONG OF SIX PANTS 1947, MALICE IN THE PALACE 1949) from duped, low contrast Screen Gems prints.
- JERKS OF ALL TRADES (1949)
- SWING PARADE OF 1946 (1946)
- "The Story of The Three Stooges," a very-brief featurette with many factual errors.