Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: How do I cancel my membership?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Tina K.

Subject: How do I cancel my membership?
Date Posted: 12/2/2009 8:28 AM ET

I would like to cancel my membership but I still have money in the account. How do I cancel the membership and get my money I put in for postage back?

Tina

twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 8:58 AM ET

I don't think you can get your money back.....if you have enough to buy a credit, you can transfer that credit to Paperbackswap if you are a member there.

Elaureth (Kerry L.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 10:53 AM ET

Unfortunately, that won't work either.  The SwapaDVD money can only be used for printable postage/DC.  If you really want your money out before you go, the only thing you can do is post a few DVDs to use up the money on postage and then you can either transfer the credits to PBS or Swapa CD (if you're a member) or you can sell them in the Bazaar and get your 'refund' through that.

Last Edited on: 12/2/09 10:56 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 11:24 AM ET

Just to verify what they already said, in the Terms of Use it states :

Money Accounts

SwapaDVD accepts credit cards, money orders, checks, and PayPal as a means of adding funds to a member's money account. Account funds may be used to purchase credits, merchandise, transaction fees, postage, membership, or others goods and services offered by SwapaDVD. SwapaDVD reserves the right to change the price of credits and other goods or services at any time without prior notice and without any compensation to members with existing funds in their money accounts. Funds added to a member's account are earned by SwapaDVD when deposited and are non-refundable.

Just as a side note, the terms of use state that you can use account funds to purchase credits.  I wonder why the discrepancy.  I don't think you actually can use your account funds to purchase credits.

bookreadera (Meghan A.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 11:44 AM ET

Just as a side note, the terms of use state that you can use account funds to purchase credits.  I wonder why the discrepancy.  I don't think you actually can use your account funds to purchase credits.

IIRC, there was talk at one time of eventually linking the Kiosk and SwapaDVD/PBS $ accounts so that $ could be used for anything in the Kiosk or postage.  I don't know if they were going to try to put the printable postage in the Kiosk or link them some other way...in fact, I don't know that it was here that I read about it.  It could have been at PBS.  But it isn't a feature available yet, though it would be really nice if it were... (insert no-so-subtle hint);)

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 2:19 PM ET

Ah! So I asked the team, who was very quick in response.  Here is what they said:

No, members cannot currently use SwapaDVD Money to purchase credits. If you read that section on the Terms of Use from the PBS website, it should read more like that. We are going to update SwapaCD and SwapaDVD to match PBS as soon as possible. Thank you for bringing this to our attention.

SwapaDVD Money is definitely not refundable. If a member wants to cancel, we can only transfer the money to their account on one of our sister sites.

patjang (Patricia J.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 4:11 PM ET

It would be great to use credits to buy SAD postage... just a wish;)

vladadog (Jan H.)

Date Posted: 12/2/2009 4:30 PM ET

I really wish I could use credits to "buy" SWAPA $$$...

Xiaojun X.

Subject: Edited by the SwapaDVD Team
Date Posted: 6/6/2018 12:45 AM ET
Edited by the SwapaDVD Team

Last Edited on: 6/8/18 9:59 AM EST - Total times edited: 0
Alireza M.

Date Posted: 9/19/2018 11:40 PM ET

cancel my account?