Discussion Forums - Science Fiction

Topic: The Host SE - What's on the Second Disk?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
silversky (Naomi H.)

Subject: The Host SE - What's on the Second Disk?
Date Posted: 12/5/2007 6:50 PM ET

I'm wondering if anyone knows what is on the second disk of The Host: Special Edition 2 disk set.  I've been trying to find out, and I keep finding reviews of the movie, but no description of what is on the second disk.

movienut (Darwin H.)

Date Posted: 1/31/2008 11:49 PM ET

Naomi,

Mine just arrived. I couldn't wait for it to come up in here. Haven't watched it yet. But here is what it says from the back of the box:

"4 Hours of Special Features

Disc One - Deleted scenes; director Bon Joon-Ho reflections; Commentary with director

Disc Two - Making of the host with director Bong Joon-Ho; storyboards; memories of the sewer; set design; physical special effects; sound effects; designing the creature; puppet animatronix; animating the creature; the crew production and visual effects; casting tapes; cast interviews; actor training; gag reel; cast and crew goodbye; and much more...!"

Hope this helps

:-)

Last Edited on: 1/31/08 11:49 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
silversky (Naomi H.)

Date Posted: 2/1/2008 6:46 AM ET

Darwin, you are the best.  Thank you!  :-)

movienut (Darwin H.)

Date Posted: 2/4/2008 10:49 PM ET

Naomi,

I've found that when you help out other people that help often comes right back your way when you least expect it. Happy to do it.

:-)

Last Edited on: 2/5/08 10:01 AM EST - Total times edited: 2
silversky (Naomi H.)

Date Posted: 4/23/2008 9:01 AM ET

I, finally, moved up in line for The Host, received it, and recently watched it.  Wow!  I really like this film!  The characters are well portrayed.  Very different from the run of the mill cast of characters found in films of this genre.  This film is vastly different from most American "monster" films.  The film is about the dynamics of a family; the heights an individual is capable of attaining when push comes to shove; and the frustration that happens when dealing with a bureaucracy where the right hand does not know, or care, what the left hand is doing.  Oh, yes - and there is a big, whomping, stomping, monster, too.  :)

I highly recommend this film!