Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: You all need to read this

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Venomn (Christopher K.)

Subject: You all need to read this
Date Posted: 11/15/2010 5:59 PM ET

Below is what i sent to swapadvd a moment ago...labels printed from swapadvd are not reaching their destinations-one says it reached me and it didnt with Unknown of and unknown pc after arrival.and the other says what i sent out reached them but they havent gotten it yet...lord knows what that means,lol-thought u all would like to know items are sayingg arrival with Unknown PC and Unknown Of after it and items not actually being received.

anyone else having this problem?

"""there is something wrong with your labels.they are printing,but not arrriving to their destination when it said they did...someone sent me color of money other day,,this is the results of the status.
11/12/2010 10:00 AM - Electronic Shipping Info Received - COVINGTON, LA
11/13/2010 11:25 PM - Enroute - ORLANDO,FL
11/15/2010 6:26 AM - Arrival at Unit - PORT SAINT LUCIE,FL
11/15/2010 10:29 AM - Unknown-PC - PORT SAINT LUCIE,FL
11/15/2010 10:39 AM - Unknown-OF - PORT SAINT LUCIE,FL

It did NOT arrive and i dont know what Unknown PC and Unknown Of means...also,i sent out the Hulk Ultimate Edition to Zach othr day and this is what that staus said...

11/5/2010 6:00 PM - Electronic Shipping Info Received - PORT ST LUCIE, FL
11/7/2010 12:16 PM - Enroute - JACKSONVILLE,FL
11/7/2010 12:55 PM - Enroute - JACKSONVILLE,FL
11/12/2010 8:58 AM - Arrival at Unit - FARGO,ND
11/13/2010 8:50 AM - Unknown-PC - FARGO,ND
11/13/2010 9:00 AM - Unknown-OF - FARGO,ND
11/13/2010 11:00 PM - Unknown-DX - FARGO,ND

and according to zach today,he didnt get it either even though it says arrival then unknown pc and unknown of...
can you enlighten me as to what is going on with your printing software or why items arent reaching their destination?
please lemme know asap.
Thanks for reading .
Chris"""

JessyBird03 (Jessica J.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 6:12 PM ET

I had one like that with two unknowns that went to Kathryn, but then it was delivered the same day as the unknowns. I think it is the postal service and not swapadvd that does the entries so I don't know that they would be able to help you.

But I have had problems with the labels printing with a shadow behind the words making it hard to read. The rest of the document prints clear, but the actual label is shadowed... I wish that would get fixed.

momof3jkids (Kellie S.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 6:15 PM ET

I've noticed that as well on some of my details page.  It will show one of the unknowns, then a few days later the item is marked received.  So far (knock on wood), I have not any go lost that have said this.  That info is from the postal service.  Swapadvd uses the DC# to pull the info directly from the post office for easier access to you.  I guess you would need to contact the PO to determine what it means.  Hopefully, they will all be delivered soon.  We all know how the PO can be :)~

Good luck!

Kellie

Venomn (Christopher K.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 6:24 PM ET

thanks for the responses,maybe itll show uptomorrow for i have a package that needs to be scanned i sent out saturday as well...

bookreadera (Meghan A.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 7:11 PM ET

Arrival at Unit means it has made it to the Post Office from where it will then be delivered to you and this designation has been around for quite some time, though not all POs were scanning DCs on arrival. 

When I asked my postie folks last week, I was told that Unknown-PC,  Unknown-OF,and  Unknown-DX were all various designations for things like sorted at postie, loaded on to truck for delivery, out for delivery, etc. 

With the increase in packages requiring tracking (the USPS contracts with either FedEx or UPS now to do local deliveries - FedEx and UPS deliver to local USPS and then local USPS does final drop) many more DCs are being scanned enroute as it's easier to just scan everything with a barcode rather than read which ones are tracking and which are DC.

Elaureth (Kerry L.)

Date Posted: 11/15/2010 7:24 PM ET

Oh, so it wasn't just me.  I had one that had those unknown designations and I thought it had something to do with the package being damaged.  When it was delivered the package was torn open on both ends and two of the three DVDs from it were missing.  :-(  Glad I sprang for the site DC on that one.  Quite aggravating, though.  That's the first shipping problem I've had on here.

Venomn (Christopher K.)

Date Posted: 11/16/2010 4:27 AM ET

Thanks Meghan for clearing that up for i have never seen those Unknown's before and i have been using Swap's DC Labels for awhile..

The Hulk did arrive to it's destination but i did not yet receive the Color of Money,maybe it will arrive today...
I freaked yesterday when i saw that though..thanks all.

Momof2boys (Sheryl B.)

Date Posted: 11/16/2010 12:16 PM ET

If anyone here is also a member at PBS, there is a thread about the Unknown scans.  I asked about them myself (in the USPS forum) after I book I sent with PBS DC had them, and the abbreviations were explained and I was directed to a thread where the abbrevs had previously been discussed.  I wish I could post the link, but my office web blocking software blocks PBS (and SACD, but not SADVD, go figure).  If you search the forums for posts by me (same nickname there as here) you should find it pretty easily.

Jason N.

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 3:04 AM ET

It's not SwapaDVD, it's the post office. I've had that code come up with other DC numbers that aren't a part of SADVD's labels. It basically means that the item has been delivered but that the PO's computer screwed up when it tried to record the delivery.

Venomn (Christopher K.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 5:40 AM ET

Thanks all for the replies.Color of Money did arrive and now i dont haveta freak about the Unknowns appearing anymore...

racingtweety (Jennifer W.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 3:30 PM ET

It's not just swapadvd that it's happening with. I've mailed on here and PBS as well as used DC with amazon sales and I've had at least 2 unknown scans in almost everyone lately that have gone out. All to my knowledge have made it, my understanding it's a problem with the usps website, not here.

bookreadera (Meghan A.)

Date Posted: 11/17/2010 3:58 PM ET

Here's the info from the postal worker (Thanks Diane L.) who shared this info at PBS (which restates what my postie folks told me.)  As I said earlier, it isn't a screw-up or a problem.  There's nothing to worry about.  It's simply information that wasn't previously available outside of the PO that they now share with us.

In the USPS system, what happens is:

1.  Mail arrives at the post office.  Anything with a barcode is scanned "Arrived At Unit."

2.  Mail is sorted/distributed to carriers and box section.  When the mail has been sorted, a barcode at the distribution case is scanned, which generates a Processing Complete event (system event) for every single piece that was scanned Arrived At Unit.

3.  Mail is delivered by carriers to their routes and by clerks to the Post Office Box section.  When all the mail has been delivered in the Post Office Box section, a barcode on the wall is scanned, which generates an Out For delivery event (system event) for every single piece that was scanned Arrived At Unit.

The individual pieces do not receive a Processing Complete or Out For delivery scan.  They are all linked through the AAU scan.  Then the PC and OF scans take place and create the events for everything that was scanned AAU.

PC=Processing Complete (the mail is all sorted, either to the carrier routes, the box section, or caller/holdouts)

OF=Out For delivery (the box section mail has all been distributed and carriers out delivering  their routes)