Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Confused...

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Subject: Confused...
Date Posted: 5/11/2011 5:33 PM ET

This PM was received on May 9th so I'm guessing when she said last Thursday, she mean't May 5th that she mailed it?

Hi there,

I wanted to let you know that the DVD Along Came Polly, just went into the mail Thursday of last week. I thought I had mailed it but it had fallen to the bottom of my workbag.

I am so sorry for the delay in getting it to you. Hopefully it will arrive in the next couple of days.

Hope you have a great day!

Here's the stats of the DVD:

Request Date: 4/18/2011 1:43 PM ET
Date Accepted: 4/18/2011 1:58 PM ET
Wrapper Printing(s):
  • 4/18/2011 2:00 PM ET
Date Mailed: 4/18/2011 2:16 PM ET

Now, I got a DVD today May 11 in the mail from someone that is from SAD because the SAD logo is on the wrapper and the movie that came was "Along Came Polly."

This DVD has a postmarked date of April 20, 2011. I am confused because I was sure that this DVD is from the sender that sent me the PM but the name of whoever sent this one was cut off and it only has my address and the address it came from and the request id#.

Is there a way I can check who sent me this DVD by the request ID#?

I would have just marked it as received because I can't see the address anymore on my TA but I can see that the state on the TA and the state matched what was on the packaging paper but I do not want to mark this senders DVD received if I haven't gotten it yet.

EDIT to fix typo's.

Last Edited on: 5/11/11 5:35 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
momof3jkids (Kellie S.)

Date Posted: 5/11/2011 7:46 PM ET

Did the one from the PM go lost in the mail?  Was it printable postage from the site?  It sounds like it's the same one from the PM.  The April 20th postmark doesn't allow time for a new request to go through because the original request went lost in the mail.  I would say it has to be the transaction you have listed above (unless you ordered 2 of the same DVD around the same time).  It takes 3 weeks for it to go lost in the mail.  So I think it has to be the one you ordered.

Kellie

yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Date Posted: 5/11/2011 7:51 PM ET

The DVD I got is not postage from the site. It's postage from the PO. I only requested one of these as far as I know.

Elaureth (Kerry L.)

Date Posted: 5/12/2011 3:51 PM ET

The only other thing I can think of is to check your Transaction Archive and see if there are any previous requests for that movie that timed out.  If that happened, they system would have moved your request on to the next person in lne.  It's possible the previous person it was requested from waited waaaayyyyyy too long to mail your DVD and it timed out, requesting it from the current person on the 18th.  That previous person then mailed to you on the 20th, probably not realizing the request timed out.

That's my guess, anyway!

yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Date Posted: 5/15/2011 4:24 AM ET

It rolled over but I cancelled the rolled over right after it went lost. I double checked the TA already before I posted this transaction.

I sent a contact to SAD to help me figure this out. Hopefully it'll work out better that way.