Discussion Forums - Spirituality & Philosophy

Topic: Saving Sarah Cain

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Chris D.

Subject: Saving Sarah Cain
Date Posted: 1/15/2008 12:27 PM ET

Anyone planning on buying this today?  This new to DVD release is based on a novel by Christian author Beverly Lewis.  Here's an overview of the story:

Sarah Cain (Lisa Pepper) is sweet, successful, slightly self-absorbed and a city girl through and through.  But when the untimely death of her sister draws her to Amish country for the funeral, she makes a discovery that will change her life:  she is now the legal guardian to five Amish nieces and nephews!  Desperately trying to juggle the kids, her career and her comfort level, Sarah must reevaluate her priorities as she prepares fo rthe biggest culture shock of everyone's lives!

Chris D.

Date Posted: 1/19/2008 10:24 AM ET

My wife and I watched this last night and it is fabulous.  There are moments that will make you laugh, and plenty to make you cry as well.  I wish that Fox Faith had pushed this to a theatrical release.  But, I guess you have to figure how much you think that a movie based on a Christian fiction novelist's book is going to make at the box office.  This was aired on Lifetime and later released to DVD. 

One thing that I loved about this DVD is that you did not have the annoying TV fade out spots.  You know what I'm talking about--when something on TV fades to a commercial.  So many TV movies on DVD have those intact.  Not Saving Sarah Cain!  This is definitely as professionally done as any theatrical release.

Hats off to Fox Faith for a great family film that is not preachy!