Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Is there a way to post a DVD without the UPC code?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
theresanavywife (Theresa F.)

Subject: Is there a way to post a DVD without the UPC code?
Date Posted: 11/27/2013 7:57 PM ET

It must have been on the outside wrapper as it isn't on the box.  Is there a way to post this on here?

twintoni (Toni B.)

Date Posted: 11/27/2013 8:06 PM ET

only in the bazaar forum

no UPC means no posting to your tower.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 12/22/2013 11:17 PM ET

People do post dvds that are otherwise "unpostable" by looking up UPCs. That is a big no no.  I'm always shocked at what some think is okay to post through the system.  It is not cool to try to circumvent the rules by looking up UPCs or otherwise ignoring other issues like slashes on UPCs, cuts and tears to the artwork, bad artwork, and really crappy, scratched discs and dirty discs or cases.  You NEED that UPC to post a movie.  If it is not there, or is in any way damaged, smeared, or brings up a totally different movie, or brings up nothing, then you will need to advertise the movie as unpostable in the bazaar.

Last Edited on: 1/12/14 9:21 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Bill W.

Subject: UPC
Date Posted: 12/30/2013 1:56 PM ET

Why isn't the UPC shown in the discriptive items with the listings? I can look up a DVD by the UPC, but I can't find the UPC when searching by title or actor, etc.

TeaBea (Tracy B.)

Date Posted: 12/30/2013 2:53 PM ET

Why isn't the UPC shown in the discriptive items with the listings? I can look up a DVD by the UPC, but I can't find the UPC when searching by title or actor, etc.

spacer.gif

My guess is that information is not available on this site as a deterent to people posting DVDs without a UPC.  If I had to look up a UPC elsewhere so I could post it here......then it's no "accident" that the item got posted when it shouldn't have.

Last Edited on: 12/30/13 2:53 PM EST - Total times edited: 1