Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Memer has not posted a dvd as being received

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Donna P.

Subject: Memer has not posted a dvd as being received
Date Posted: 1/12/2014 5:33 PM ET

I mailed a dvd with postal usps tracking. the member received the dvd 1/2/2014. I sent a pm to remind the member but got no response. when contracting the system. the message I GOT SEEM TO SAY THAT SINCE I DID NOT US TRACKING PRINTED FROM THE SITE I AM OUT OF LUCK.  I have been a member and have lost credits before when mailing without tracking but I thought if i had tracking and could prove that the dvd was received.  Donna 

Last Edited on: 1/13/14 7:19 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/12/2014 9:18 PM ET

If you used DC or tracking, which I'm guessing you did if you see that it was delivered, then copy and paste that information in a message to the team.  Under the Help Center, use the link "contact us" to send them a message. 

aylamonster (Shellie F.)

Date Posted: 1/12/2014 10:31 PM ET

She has the printable postage flag so if she did that, she should get her credits automatically.

papaschild (Laura F.)

Date Posted: 1/13/2014 3:34 PM ET

The Team requests strongly that you not write to them until after the "date of system action", which is listed on each transaction.

Here are some Help Center docs that may help:

If you write to the Team, especially if you write sooner than the date of system action, they will refer you to one of these docs.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 1/13/2014 5:35 PM ET

Looks like you are having trouble not being able to post in the body of your thread, so Im sure its hard to answer questions, but did you contact the member about it?

Donna P.

Subject: Member not posting received
Date Posted: 1/13/2014 7:04 PM ET

yes I sent a pm to the member, i have not received a reply.   I  contracted the system, since I  did not us printed postage from the site, it seems that I have lost the credit.  Thanks for your concern , Donna

papaschild (Laura F.)

Date Posted: 1/13/2014 8:37 PM ET

Hi Donna,

It's not likely that the Team would just have told you that you are "out of luck". They would have most likely referred you to the Help Center doc, "If a DVD you sent hasn't been marked received yet..." , which gives steps you can take while waiting for the Date of System Action.  If you take those steps (which include writing to the other member), and there is no response, then they still investigate.  They defintely would want to know if the other member doesn't respond to your PMs.  Nothing is guaranteed however.

Regarding Printable Postage, when you buy it through the site, it's like buying insurance.  Remember that the Site isn't charging us anything for all we get to do on here.  When we demand credit refunds, we forget that the credits have to come from somewhere, and if it's one member's word against another member's word, where would it come from?  When we buy Printable Postage it puts a few cents into a fund that helps to cover these refunds.  The Team forks out LOTS that they don't have to fork out, for the privilege of giving us something for free. Using Printable Postage is a small price to pay if we want our credits to be guaranteed.

I hope this goes well for you!!!!

Laura

Donna P.

Subject: lost credit
Date Posted: 1/14/2014 9:11 AM ET

I mailed the dvd with postal confrim, I sent the number that I received showing that the dvd was mailed and the date it was received. I sent the member a pm but received no reply. The team stated that if I used the instant postage I would receive the credit upon mailing to me this means non use of instant credit means 'out of luck" I am unable to print the instant credit from my printer. I did not demand anything. I stated the problem. As to where the credit come from the requestor has received the dvds as is proved by the tracking number. Donna

papaschild (Laura F.)

Date Posted: 1/14/2014 11:34 AM ET

If the other member is unresopnsive, they will investigate... after the system action date.  Again, I hope it works out for you!

Donna P.

Subject: member has not posted a received dvd as being received.
Date Posted: 1/20/2014 9:36 AM ET

The dvd was received on 1/2/2014. It was posted as received on 1/20/2014. The member resoose to a request I made to remind her to mark it as received. "She had not veiwed it.

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 1/20/2014 7:19 PM ET

Oh I hate that!  People hold a movie/your credit hostage while they could simply FF on their DVD player. 18 days is rediculous.  One WEEK is rediculous.  This irks me to no end.  I don't think the deal is that you must watch the movie you order, but check it all out carefully, and if people plan to watch the movie before they mark it received, then they should watch the dang thing.  7 days, 18 days????  That is too long.

jorgito2001 (Jorge S.)

Date Posted: 2/16/2014 8:21 PM ET

Chiming in late, but from experience, this has happened to me TWICE! (Last time as recently as last month with a highly WL'd DVD).

I know SAD prefers their shipping method, but I send on my own through the wife's work as it's currently my cheapest method of mailing, of course, the drawback is the occasional "inactive" member that simply WON'T mark it received.

I will say, both times I lucked out, as someone above posted, don't contact SAD until the 'date of system action', be sure to send the receiver a PM for a few days as proof your doing your due diligence.  On the day it was due, it was "marked" (not sure if it was the member that decided to finally mark it or SAD), either way, I've been fortunate.

I HATE the 'ol "keeping a credit hostage til the disc is tested" bid, NOT cool!