Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: Questionable recording over DVD?

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Subject: Questionable recording over DVD?
Date Posted: 2/8/2014 5:46 PM ET

I had a dvd (My Best Friends Girl) mailed to me which I watched the whole movie. The movie played fine but towards the end of it, there was a voice going over the weather and if it's going to snow and how cold it will be. The movie had nothing to do with snow and during the end scene they were in a restaurant and Kate Hudson was interrupting Dane Cook's date. It's been over a year since I've seen this movie and can't remember if just right before that scene, was there suppose to be a voice over about the weather?

I'm not sure if I should mark this DVD as received with a problem since it plays fine. The only thing that got me wondering is what I mentioned above.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 2/9/2014 1:59 PM ET

This sounds familiar!   I don't have that movie so I cannot hear for myself.  

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 2/9/2014 2:56 PM ET

Is it interference that electronics give and take?  

yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Date Posted: 2/9/2014 9:36 PM ET

@musiclover, I'm not sure I understand that question?

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 2/9/2014 10:01 PM ET

Interference is something electronic devices give.  Like on an airplane,  passengers have to turn off cell phones, laptops, iPods, kindles etc. because they can interfere with the flight instruments or air traffic tower.  Maybe your DVD player received some Radio or TV interference.  

Last Edited on: 2/9/14 10:52 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Date Posted: 2/9/2014 10:56 PM ET

Hmm. Never thought of that. I'll rewatch that part and see what it does.

yeejkoob (Yengkong S.)

Date Posted: 2/13/2014 3:24 PM ET

I can't seem to find it in the help section. How long do we usually have to give a sender to respond before marking it RWAP? I was told by SAD to send a message to the sender first. It's been 4 days now and didn't get a response back yet.

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 2/14/2014 11:14 AM ET

You don't have to pm the sender.  I think giving them a few days to respond is fair.  Looks like you have done that.

Have you checked the disc again?  I just don't understand how a disc could have an extra recording on it.  My brain is telling me there's some other explanation.  

True story......

Lamp stops working.  We change the bulb.  Lamp still not working.  Try another, not working.  Buy a new lamp.  Hang on!  Try a GE bulb in the old lamp instead of Cheapo Walmart bulbs!  Let there be light!  The lamp was fine!  It was a bad box of [edited] Cheapo Walmart bulbs!  

Kevin R.

Date Posted: 2/14/2014 3:11 PM ET

Not sure what is going on with the DVD, but there is absolutely no way that something could have been added to, or replaced, the audio on a DVD once the DVD has been manufactured.  They are not like VHS tapes.

jac27187 (John C.)

Date Posted: 2/15/2014 2:17 AM ET

Agreed, audio cannot be added to a DVD after it was manufactured.  Your sound system however could pick up interference, so if you check it again and the same exact thing happens, you may be dealing with a counterfeit disc.  I don't have the movie to check if there is noise at the end though, so I again stress "may be"...