Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: season 1 and 2 has been taken

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Subject: season 1 and 2 has been taken
Date Posted: 3/17/2008 12:24 PM ET

Last Edited on: 3/19/08 6:15 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
OmniDir (Dorothy P.)

Date Posted: 3/17/2008 4:40 PM ET

It only has 4 disks and should not be offered for more than 4 credits

MPAA Rating: NR
Movie Release: 2003
DVD Release: 08/26/2003
Format: DVD - Soft-Matted WSE for 16x9 TV - Closed Captioned
Edition: Dual Layered
Audio Tracks: English
Subtitles: French
SwapaDVD Credits: 4
Number of Discs: 4
Run Time: 19 hrs 39 mins
Studio: Warner Home Video
Total Copies: 1

Robey (Robey S.)

Date Posted: 3/17/2008 5:04 PM ET

• As posted in the rule section.
  • "You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaDVD price" (1 credit per disc) at any time.  This is a rule. "

tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Subject: hi
    Date Posted: 3/17/2008 5:04 PM ET

ok 4 then

mommyof2girls (April W.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2008 9:03 AM ET

Why can't it be posted?  Just wondering if it's missing anything or if it's just a no UPC kind of thing...

tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2008 2:24 PM ET

they are saying that its a rule but i am going to read it and find out if they are telling me the turth

tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Subject: hi all
    Date Posted: 3/18/2008 2:27 PM ET

thanks

Last Edited on: 3/20/08 10:14 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
    SwapaGoat (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2008 2:35 PM ET

"there is no rule saying that in here all did a good job lying to me"

It may be a good idea to spend more than 3 minutes doing research before calling people liars:

1. "You cannot ask or offer more than the "SwapaDVD price" (1 credit per disc) at any time.  This is a rule."
    2. From the help section:

Title:  Can I offer/ask more than 1 credit for a DVD?

No.   All DVDs at SwapaDVD "cost" 1 credit.  (no exceptions)

Offering to "pay" (or asking a requestor to "pay"--see below) more than "SwapaDVD price" for a DVD is not permitted. 

Why? 

• If the DVD is Wishlisted, offering more than the SwapaDVD "price" for the DVD may allow members to leapfrog over others in the Wish List for the DVD. This obviously is not fair.

• Even if the DVD is not Wish Listed, a "free market" system could lead to "bidding" for a DVD, and auctions are NOT permitted on SwapaDVD.
    • One reason is that auctions are subject to state laws, and as SwapaDVD members belong to various states, this could be illegal.
    • The other reason is that we want all members to have a fair chance to get DVDs on SwapaDVD.  Pitting those who have lots of credits to spare against those who don't have a lot of credits at the time goes against a basic concept of SwapaDVD--the fair sharing of DVDs. Everybody equal.

Asking for more than "SwapaDVD price" for a DVD is considered DVD selling

• DVD selling is not permitted at SwapaDVD

• If you feel that your DVD is too valuable to be swapped for 1 credit, you should not post it here.

Last Edited on: 3/18/08 3:14 PM EST - Total times edited: 3
    sarahbeth8585 (Sarah K.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2008 9:55 PM ET

That shut 'er up

Fireskull (Ed G.)

Date Posted: 3/18/2008 10:25 PM ET

She is a problem,

I sent her a dvd practically new, and she marked it "sent, but a problem", because I had put the disc in a "blockbuster case" and you know those cases have a hole in the bottom right corner, well she said that the case was broken, I guess she was expecting brand new dvd's from this site and when she saw the case she immediately thought that it  was a defective copy, the dvd had no scratches or anything, like  I said it was practically new, now she is trying to get more credits for something that she thinks everybody wants

* don't say I'm lying you know which movie I'm talking about........if not why did you pm' me?

Last Edited on: 3/19/08 9:07 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
    djdeathwish (Eric M.)

Date Posted: 3/19/2008 9:12 AM ET

I'm still trying to figure out what a "credite" is...

Robey (Robey S.)

Date Posted: 3/19/2008 11:54 AM ET

"That shut 'er up"

I would hope so, since she's the one with mis-information.

Some people are unwilling to believe a truth simply because it's inconvienent for them.

Last Edited on: 3/19/08 11:55 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
    tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Date Posted: 3/19/2008 1:57 PM ET

he is lying he never sent me a dvd and i am just trying to see if anyone wants my dvd thats all and all need to follow the rules to cause all are being rule to me and i could start with all next if i wanted to but i do not want to be mean to anyone on here

Guinan (Tammy T.)

Date Posted: 3/19/2008 3:45 PM ET

um...

huh?

tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Subject: hi all
    Date Posted: 3/19/2008 6:14 PM ET

here is a rule all are breaking

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum

so all need to stop and leave me alone now

SwapaGoat (Alex D.)

Date Posted: 3/19/2008 7:18 PM ET

"here is a rule all are breaking"

Before you make generalizations, you should take into consideration that many of the people here were only trying to help you as a new member.   Dorthy and Robey were simply letting you know what the rules are here at SaDVD to make sure they are followed, as you obviously were unfamiliar with them. 

If you choose not to follow the terms, conditions, and rules set at SaDVD, you would be putting your account in jeopardy.  They were being helpful and then you were the first one to be discourteous and disrespectful by wrongfully accusing these helpful members by calling them liars.  The rules can be clearly found both at the first post of the DVD bazaar, in red, as well as in the help section.

I agree that some of the comments further down the thread were not very courteous and respectful, but clearly members only became aggressive after your unmerited accusation.

I believe that we can all consider this discussion completed.  In light of this, I highly suggest that the thread to  unoffically be considered closed for further comment.

tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Date Posted: 3/19/2008 7:38 PM ET

wrong i am not doing that to my acc and if they was helping me out they should not been very ruled about it the 1st time thank you and u need to leave me alone to

tammie34 (Tammie T.)

Subject: Alex D.)
    Date Posted: 3/19/2008 8:06 PM ET

ok your right i am sorry for how i acted to everyone thanks for alls help on the rules and i guess i didn,t see that part of the rules and one more thing i am not new anymore i been on for a while now but again thank all very much and i am sorry to most of all ok so now can we please drop this subject