Discussion Forums - Questions about SwapaDVD

Topic: bumping sales floor tower

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
DonaldStafford (Donald S.)

Subject: bumping sales floor tower
Date Posted: 2/10/2019 4:05 AM ET

How do i bump my tower? must i unlist it all and list again? i only get sales when i just listed.  the site does not have a search all from the listed date in tools to queue.  

if i unlist a movie is there a way to see the upc to copy past in post or must i hand type it in?  

Last Edited on: 2/10/19 4:06 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
Kevin R.

Date Posted: 2/10/2019 10:20 AM ET

I'm not sure if you'd really want to do this, Donald. The way I understand the way the system works for discs on your tower, it's basically "first in, first out". The copy that has been in the system the longest will be the first one offered when the title is requested by another member. If you remove a copy from your tower and then repost it, you're then putting yourself at the end of the line for having the system offer it to someone. I've had some titles sitting on my tower for several years because there are many copies in the system. Once in a long while I will get a request for one that I thought would never get requested. As far as I can tell, there's no way to find out where in line I am for my copy of a given title; the only information given is how many total copies there are. Let's say my copy that I posted a long time ago is one of 200 in the system. At any given moment, I don't know if my copy is 200th in line because it's a title nobody ever asks for, or if it's 1st because it's requested fairly regularly and my turn is coming up next. If I remove it and post it again, I've just moved to the back of the line. :(

musiclover (Valerie L.)

Date Posted: 2/10/2019 12:49 PM ET

That account in now suspended or closed.

seizetheday (Kevin R.)

Date Posted: 2/11/2019 6:56 PM ET

Not when I check.

Utwig (Erik F.)

Date Posted: 2/11/2019 8:08 PM ET

So lets hear it Donald, are you still here or what?

glowbird (Gloria B.)

Date Posted: 2/13/2019 3:53 PM ET

I see Donald's account as well & just received a package from him, in fact.  I don't know if he'll come back to read any responses, but I'll agree with Kevin's advice: post them and leave there. 

Suggested ways to advertise your tower:  If you have new or sealed movies, there is a thread in the bazaar where you can list any brand new movies on your tower. 

If you have at least 3 wish listed titles and several on your tower are the only copies in the system, you can list them in the WL Multiples thread.  This list is set up monthly--meaning just because you list in February, when the March list comes up you will need to relist your titles.

Offer a "deal" in the Bazaar, for example: 2 for 1 (order one, get one free).  With postage costs going up, I don't recommend going this route unless you have multi-disc sets or Blu-ray Combos that bring in more credits.

In your settings, you can use the signature line to "advertise" something entriguing that is on your tower. 

There was an instance where I'd had many movies on my tower for a long while, and they suddenly made it to the top of the cue & I was getting overwhelmed by requests.  I actually did remove some and re-post them!  I needed a break from shipping.

Last Edited on: 2/13/19 3:54 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
DonaldStafford (Donald S.)

Date Posted: 2/22/2019 7:20 AM ET

THANK YOU ALL,  FOR YOUR HELP!

WAS THIS POST IN THE RIGHT THREAD?

MY BIGGEST TROUBLE WITH FORUMS IS NOT KNOWING WHERE TO POST AND THE MODS BAN ME. I ALWAYS READ THE THREADS AND POST IN THE SAME CATEGORY BUT THEY STILL BANN ME. THERE IS NO HOW TO AND IM AT THE MUIRSY OF THE MODS AND THERE SATISISOM.