Discussion Forums - Vintage Films

Topic: CLAIRE WINDSOR SILENT MOVIE FILM ACTRESS FROM the 1920's

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
RAVYNFYRE (Brenna R.)

Subject: CLAIRE WINDSOR SILENT MOVIE FILM ACTRESS FROM the 1920's
Date Posted: 1/24/2009 7:33 AM ET

CLAIRE WINDSOR SILENT MOVIE FILM ACTRESS FROM the 1920's

Hello I'm Brenna Ravyn Moon Fyre and I am Silent Film actress Claire Windsor's 4th cousin.

I was wondering if there is anyone out there with any of her other DVDS?

I have one called : "The Blot"  from 1921 starring Claire Windsor and Loius Calhern.

The film is  by Lois Weber

Claire Windsor (April 14, 1892October 24, 1972)[1] was a notable film actress of the early silent screen era.

Windsor was born Clara Viola Cronk (nicknamed "Ola") in 1892 to George Edwin and Rosella R. Fearing Cronk in Marvin, Phillips County, Kansas of Scandinavian heritage. Her parents later moved to Cawker City, Kansas when she was a small child. She attended Washburn College in Topeka, Kansas from 1906 to 1907 (15). An early marriage to a man named David Willis Bowes, took place on May 13, 1914 in Denver, Colorado, resulted in the birth of a son, David William Bowes, born on September 9, 1916, and the couple soon went their separate ways. Bowes officially filed for divorce on September 14, 1920.(13)(14) Claire moved to Seattle, Washington with her parents where she entered and won a beauty contest. On the advice of a friend, Claire moved to California in hopes of making a career as an actress in the new medium of motion pictures. Initially receiving only bit parts, she was soon spotted by Lois Weber, a highly regarded and influential director and producer of silent films for Paramount Pictures. Weber immediately signed Windsor to a contract. Windsor costarred with Louis Calhern in Weber's The Blot (1921).[

Thanks!

~Brenna Ravyn Moon Fyre~