Discussion Forums - DVD Bazaar

Topic: unpostables, 2 for 1, Also True Blood: The Complete First Season

Club rule - Please, if you cannot be courteous and respectful, do not post in this forum.
Page:
discman2k3 (Rick L.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 7:25 AM ET

how can you tell if someones account has been suspended

Loreli (Lori Z.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 9:30 AM ET

Eydie,  That is a really smart suggesstion.  I just changed mine also.  I guess we have to be more diligent.  How sad.

Also if you check on PBS my name is the same and I have over 1462 successfully completed swaps.  I think I read too much!  LOL

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 3:35 PM ET

ok - here's an idea.  maybe new members could have a new member icon next to their name for the first month or two on the site, i think ebay does something similar to this.  i don't advocate following ebays lead on much of anything (they're one of the worst sites in the world from my experience) but this might be helpful so people have some idea that they are dealing with someone new to the site and maybe they should be more careful about bazaar transactions until that member has some kind of track record.  just an idea.

i think my profile is open to viewing but i'll check that, good idea.

looks like i lost a couple of credits to frank's buddy kelly - travelbug2497.  maybe they were working as a team.  anyway, always hard to swallow those lost credits - deception never goes down well for me - always seems to stick in my throat for awhile

:(  patrick  bossajake

bookreadera (Meghan A.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 3:54 PM ET

Couple of things...

how can you tell if someones account has been suspended   - When you click on their name/screenname link it will say something about their account being suspended or under review rather than showing you their profile or tower.   OK, when you click on their tower it says so...yet another little difference between the sites  ;  )

The Bazaars are always buyer beware.  I never take up newmems on deals for this reason.  BTW, you don't need a newmem icon, the "Member Since" date is right there in the upper right corner of every post that every member makes.

Last Edited on: 6/30/09 6:04 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Brandy (Brandy W.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 4:44 PM ET

Actually both accounts are closed/suspended, you need to click on the person's dvd tower button and it will say it there. If you click on their screen name/profile it doesn't say it but it does on their dvd tower. hope that helps.

debi (Debi M.)

Subject: I just read all this. I have >3 movies enroute to kelly(travelbug)
Date Posted: 6/30/2009 5:51 PM ET
I see she is outta here. So she cannot say she received my DVD's ( I didn't get a confirmation:( I also sent 2 credits to Frank. He's outta here now as well!! If anyone knows what happens next..please post. I like erubjob (Eydie B) idea but what about new people? I was one of those about 3 or 4 months ago. We can't let a couple rip-off artists spoil it for them. Blessings, Debi
erubiob (Eydie B.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 8:07 PM ET

The new people? Its hard, but seeing the number of DVD that have gone in and out help. Someone mentioned earlier that it was kinda wierd that travelbug just joined and was swapping like a pro, so I guess we just use better judgement when it comes to new people. I know when I first started here I didn't realize there was a forum to swap movies till just about 3 months ago. It also took a while to get my first credit in because I couldn't reach the first 10 so had to actually wait until someone ordered from me. I dunno. I didn't have a good feeling about travelbugs posts either. Her deals didn't seem right.

Venomn (Christopher K.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 8:12 PM ET

I surely hope all of  you out there who got burned get your credits back-I am just thankful i didn't get taken by this guy.

KathrynBlodgett (Kathryn B.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 8:23 PM ET

Not all new members are bad :-(  Also, I do most of my sending out on the book and CD site, so transactions arent always the best place to look either.  Just putting that out there!  The best way to do things Ive found is just to make offers in addition to something already on your tower (like 2 for 1 or a free unpostable with tower order) etc so that way at least theres some record of a transaction.

rachcresp (Rachel C.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 9:10 PM ET

Good points erubiob. It would be similar to Ebay I guess where you can build up credit. I am new to this site but I love it and thank god I haven't been scammed yet but I have to say that if I hadn't read all of your posts I would have jumped on this deal too. Usually if it is too good to be true though, it probably is. If he really had those dvds wouldn't it make more sense for him to just post them then to go through all of this trouble and lose credits? Most of those dvds were ones that people were looking for. Thanks for everyone posting about this scammer. You guys are great.

whatanurse (Denise G.)

Date Posted: 6/30/2009 11:04 PM ET

On the PBS site, his post has a red siren after it, http://www.paperbackswap.com/forum/forum.php?f=58 when you click on it it says the post is under investigation by PBS. I wonder why swapdvd does'nt have the same?

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 7/1/2009 1:49 PM ET

it's not a red siren, it's a red speaker - it's used whenever a site team member responds in a thread.  not sure why they chose to respond in public over there, i think they maintain contact directly with those involved but it takes some time to sort these sorts of messes out.  this doesn't seem to happen very often but when it does it sure messes up the system.    patrick

whatanurse (Denise G.)

Date Posted: 7/1/2009 5:57 PM ET

looks like a siren to me...LOL

SwapaDVDTeam (Admin S.)
SwapaDVD Team

Date Posted: 7/1/2009 11:32 PM ET

Thanks largely to a generous contribution from one of our members, all credits Frank took from members without providing the promised DVDs have been returned to the members.  You should see this in your Credit Registry, linked from the top of your My Account main page.

If we missed anyone (if you gave Frank credits and didn't get the items, and didn't get the credits back tonight), please send in feedback and let us know and we'll check the record.

Fireskull (Ed G.)

Date Posted: 7/1/2009 11:48 PM ET

Hey Guys........Thanks a lot  to that "secret member" and "The Swapadvd Team"   you guys are great!

I got my credit back...   :)  

Calvinhobbes (Robert B.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 12:13 AM ET

Not expecting this in the future, but that was generous. We took the risk, and it turns out there was no risk. Thanks

pamgram1 (Pamela G.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 1:09 AM ET

Hey, I never did receive my movies I ordered from theentertainer1 (Frank M.). What is weird is I just received a buddy credit from him??????Paying me back maybe? He hasn't responded to my PM's. 

I have had really good dealing with  travelbug2497 (Kelly L.) . She has sent me movies and I have sent to her. No problems there. She always responds to my PM's. The DVD's were in great condition too that she sent me.

It was SWAPADVD that returned my credit............You all are great! The customer service here can't be beat, they deal with things quickly. Hope everyone gets their movies or credits back.

I also want to mention I really like swapping with the people here and have talked (PM) so many times they seem like old friends. Good Luck everyone and God Bless.

Last Edited on: 7/2/09 12:43 PM EST - Total times edited: 2
Barbelle (Barb E.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 1:46 AM ET

Am I SwapTree's biggest loser?  I have sent Frank 5 credits in 3 separate orders. 

While I've got an audience, I want to say a big THANK YOU to the many honest traders on the SwapTree DVD bazaar.  You make it fun!

bossajake (Patrick J.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 2:55 AM ET

i was given 2 credits back for the ones i lost to Kelly L.  travelbug2497 - that makes me feel a lot better.  thanks to whoever is responsible for that  :)   patrick

Last Edited on: 7/2/09 2:58 AM EST - Total times edited: 1
Loreli (Lori Z.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 9:30 AM ET

Thank you to whomever is returning the credits.  I really appreciate it.

debi (Debi M.)

Subject: I was just given 3 credits back from Frank (the entertainer)! Thank you!
Date Posted: 7/2/2009 12:47 PM ET
Blessings to whomever contributed the credits on behalf of him. Your generosity is inspiring. Warmly, Debi

Last Edited on: 7/2/09 12:50 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
Brandy (Brandy W.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 2:57 PM ET

I was given back my credit as well. Thanks to those who worked on this and recovered our credits back, I appreciate it as well.

Last Edited on: 7/2/09 2:58 PM EST - Total times edited: 1
KnJFisher (Jennifer F.)

Subject: I have found that
Date Posted: 7/2/2009 4:39 PM ET

for each person like Frank or Kelly their are 10 people who are exactly the opposite,  like the one who so kindly donated credits to everyone.   This site is filled with kind, generous and helpful and wonderful people. Thankfully the rotten apples are few and far between. And thanks to the site owners who quickly react to any problem members.

I love you guys!!!

Tizmo (Victor T.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 5:04 PM ET

Barb, This is not SwapTree

melikedvd (Lory R.)

Date Posted: 7/2/2009 6:30 PM ET

This guy not only ripped off members, he was playing some strange games as well.  Did anyone else order from his tower, only to have your credit(s) tied up for a month?  I ordered one that he pretended to send.  Now I have to wait another 2 weeks before I can report that I never got it, so I can get my credits back.   Not sure what this was all about.

Page: